Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran into this guy today and it followed me home. It’s a Chinese Norinco 1911 copy, they were banned in 94 I believe. Looks to be original condition with the exception of this odd optic arrangement.

It’s said that China made these with some of the hardest steel ever used in a firearm, I read somewhere they were made from railroad tracks. Novak, I know, charges double or triple to mill for sights because they usually break a set of carbide cutters during the process.

It’s languishing overnight in Hopes number 9 soup. Will photo when reassembled.

·
Registered
54,492 Posts
Very nice score, you're correct, of course about the hardness of the slides. I've had a few, people scoffed at them, but they were great shooters. Congrats.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, boss. Isn’t that the oddest mount for an optic? Screws on in place of grip and has two extra little screws tapped in.

The Aimpoint works well, will put it on something else. That optic on a stock Norinco seems overkill.

·
Registered
54,492 Posts
Thanks, boss. Isn’t that the oddest mount for an optic? Screws on in place of grip and has two extra little screws tapped in.

The Aimpoint works well, will put it on something else. That optic on a stock Norinco seems overkill.
I have a left grip mount just like it in the 1911 box of parts. I used it in matches with a dot, on occasion, on a milspec Springfield in the early to mid 90's. Easy to switch from irons to dot for a match and back depending on what class I wanted to shoot in. I stippled mine with a heating iron for more grip. :grin

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Great score! Dude you are on a roll! I’ve never seen a mount like that, interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Very nice score!

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just saw where the Terminator used an AMT Hardballer long slide with an enormous laser on top. It had the same grip mount too, maybe I will put it back on.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
I just saw where the Terminator used an AMT Hardballer long slide with an enormous laser on top. It had the same grip mount too, maybe I will put it back on.
I shot the biggest buck anyone in our hunt camp had ever seen come out of the swamp (including the old-timers) 30-something years ago. I shot it with an AMT Hardballer, which fed Winchester Black Talons just fine.

Now I’m one of the old-timers, and there still hasn’t been a bigger one. :grin

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
You have one of the best shooters on the damn'd planet.

AFS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts