Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought STI Stacatto P 9mm and extra mags a week or two ago.

I really wanted a .45acp, none available anywhere in the country.

Today, a local tells me he wants to sell his Stacatto P in .45acp set up for red dot. How does this happen, am I cursed? Is the God of guns messing with me?

Who has had this happen? , you search and search, make a buy and next day one pops up better!

Now I’ve got to scratch up more secret cash. Caleb, since you’re younger, I appoint you to tell my wife the real prices of my high end 1911’s when I pop off. Be gentle, she may actually know Wilson Combat’s are not 399.99

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
:rofl

·
Super Moderator
27,123 Posts
:rofl Sorry dude! Here's to hoping my wife doesn't sell my guns when I'm gone for what I told her I paid for them! :grin

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Lmao..... you got it bud, I’ll handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
:rofl Sorry dude! Here's to hoping my wife doesn't sell my guns when I'm gone for what I told her I paid for them! :grin
Lol... I remember hearing a story as a child about a boat my grandfather once had. He wasn’t using it and told my grandmother he was going to sell it. Well, he was gone on a hunting trip and grandma had a yard sale. She didn’t “try” to sell the boat but someone saw it and asked if it was for sale. She knew grandpa wanted to sell it but didn’t know a price so told the guy to make her an offer thinking she’d get his number and have grandpa get in touch with him later. Well the number the guy gave her was much higher than what she THOUGHT grandpa had paid for it several years earlier so she sold it on the spot thinking he’d be very happy. He came home a couple days later and was not very happy!

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Lol... I remember hearing a story as a child about a boat my grandfather once had. He wasn’t using it and told my grandmother he was going to sell it. Well, he was gone on a hunting trip and grandma had a yard sale. She didn’t “try” to sell the boat but someone saw it and asked if it was for sale. She knew grandpa wanted to sell it but didn’t know a price so told the guy to make her an offer thinking she’d get his number and have grandpa get in touch with him later. Well the number the guy gave her was much higher than what she THOUGHT grandpa had paid for it several years earlier so she sold it on the spot thinking he’d be very happy. He came home a couple days later and was not very happy!

Is that called Karma? :laughing

·
Registered
176 Posts
Is that called Karma? :laughing
That.... and my other grandfather who once bought my grandmother a vacuum cleaner as an anniversary present, are lessons I shall not forget.

Ahh, good memories. I lost both of my grandfathers a couple years ago within 4 months of each other. Both WWII navy men well over 90.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Ya Know you can buy more then one gun.
This is what credit cards are for.
:rofl:2thumsup
Ronnie

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good story

My Dad was Navy, Mom was Army. Both served in WW2

I still have Mom’s model 10 S&W .38 and the receipt for 54 bucks new. A roofer owed Dad 25 bucks in 1959 and gave him a new .303 British Jungle Carbine in cosmoline in exchange. I have it too. Will never get rid of either.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Good story

I still have Mom’s model 10 S&W .38 and the receipt for 54 bucks new. A roofer owed Dad 25 bucks in 1959 and gave him a new .303 British Jungle Carbine in cosmoline in exchange. I have it too. Will never get rid of either.
I’m blessed to have known both of my grandfathers well and spent a significant amount of time with them in their later years. They truly were the greatest generation.

I’m 34, but I don’t have much in common with most my age. A bunch of wussies if you ask me. There are some good ones, and I strive to be one of them. God, Family, Country. In that order.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Good story

I’m blessed to have known both of my grandfathers well and spent a significant amount of time with them in their later years. They truly were the greatest generation.

I’m 34, but I don’t have much in common with most my age. A bunch of wussies if you ask me. There are some good ones, and I strive to be one of them. God, Family, Country. In that order.

I hear you on that. Can’t tell you how many times people have told me that I have an “old soul” and or was born in the wrong generation.

·
Super Moderator
27,123 Posts
I hear you on that. Can’t tell you how many times people have told me that I have an “old soul” and or was born in the wrong generation.
Been told that, too. Even better, my youngest is going to be 15 in three weeks but like his father, is truly a old soul, too! :thumsup

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Been told that, too. Even better, my youngest is going to be 15 in three weeks but like his father, is truly a old soul, too! :thumsup
Nothing wrong with old souls.

·
Super Moderator
27,123 Posts
^^^^
:dunno

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
^^^^
:dunno
Damn new phone likes to change what I type. Guess I need to start proof reading before I hit submit.

·
Super Moderator
27,123 Posts
Damn new phone likes to change what I type. Guess I need to start proof reading before I hit submit.

I feel your pain.

·
Registered
15,092 Posts

Or engage that pea brain before your fingers...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts