Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being somewhat new to the state I was wondering if many stores have no carry signs at the door, and if people generally respect them of say F-it concealed means they won't know. I was kind of surprised that when I visited the Apple store in Jacksonville yesterday I did not see any sort of no gun sign on the door - of all places I sort of expected to see one at Apple.

·
Super Moderator
26,033 Posts
Gun buster signs have no force of law in Florida and concealed is concealed. However, if discovered, you must leave immediately without question. If you don't and LEOs are called, you can be arrested for armed treaspass.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I don't see many, and if I do , I ignore it unless it is a prohibited place. They hold no force of law here in Florida as you will hear from following responses. Carry concealed and if for some reason someone finds out and asks you to leave, do so immediately without causing any problems and your good to go.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Gun buster signs have no force of law in Florida and concealed is concealed. However, if discovered, you must leave immediately without question. If you don't and LEOs are called, you can be arrested for armed treaspass.
I would modify the above to say "if discovered and asked to leave". Mere discovery does not prompt the requirement to leave.

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
Agree with all the above. I rarely see them. If I do, I just smile and ignore (with the exception of legally prohibited places, in which case the sign is superfluous because I already know it's a prohibited place).

On a side note... how many people here have been "discovered" in a place with a posted sign? Me? Never (in 24+ years of carry).

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I could probably count on one hand the number of signs I've seen here in Pensacola on one hand. Excluding true prohibited places of course. This part of the Panhandle is pretty conservative though.

I just ignore them as they carry no weight of law. We share reciprocity with all the states in the south east. Most of them have the same law about the signs.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
On a side note... how many people here have been "discovered" in a place with a posted sign? Me? Never (in 24+ years of carry).
Never. In 29 years of carry.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Agree with what everyone has said. Just an FYI, the Kay Jewelers store on Atlantic Blvd has such a sign. Jared Jewelers at Town Center Mall does not.

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
I've never seen any of those signs . . . because I seem to always avert my gaze if even a glimpse is caught. Kind of like a fat chick in a bikini.

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
I rarely see such signs; but, that may be because I don't look for them. In over 10 years of almost daily carry, I have yet to be discovered (as far as I know).

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
Agree with what everyone has said. Just an FYI, the Kay Jewelers store on Atlantic Blvd has such a sign. Jared Jewelers at Town Center Mall does not.
Ah... I guess Jared didn't get the memo that "gun free zone" signs stop jewelry store robberies dead in their tracks! :rofl

Future newspaper headline:

Robbers: They went to Jared.

·
Registered
754 Posts
My doctor's office put these up six months ago. I asked my doctor about it and she said it came from corporate headquarters and everyone just ignores it. :)

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Being somewhat new to the state I was wondering if many stores have no carry signs at the door, and if people generally respect them of say F-it concealed means they won't know. I was kind of surprised that when I visited the Apple store in Jacksonville yesterday I did not see any sort of no gun sign on the door - of all places I sort of expected to see one at Apple.
At the Apple stores you only have to obey the signs that say "No iGuns Allowed". :laughing.

·
Super Moderator
26,033 Posts
I would modify the above to say "if discovered and asked to leave". Mere discovery does not prompt the requirement to leave.
That's a fair clarification and I did not mean to imply one needed to leave without being asked. One might assume that if discovered [by the management], one would be asked to leave. Regardless, as others have reported, I've never been discovered in any place with a gun-buster sign either.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
...On a side note... how many people here have been "discovered" in a place with a posted sign? Me? Never (in 24+ years of carry).
You could probably change that to how many people (with a CWFL) have been "discovered" anywhere much less with a posted sign? Never in 23 years for me.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Never been discovered in 32 years. If I happen to see a sign, I just ignore them. I used to sometimes make comments, but unless you are talking to the owner of the establishment, it does no good from the perspective of trying to educate someone who could effect change.

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
Never been discovered in 32 years. If I happen to see a sign, I just ignore them. I used to sometimes make comments, but unless you are talking to the owner of the establishment, it does no good from the perspective of trying to educate someone who could effect change.
I asked about the armed response team at Ashley Furniture on ISB. The manager looked at me confused. I said, "The sign on the door says for everyone's safety people can't carry firearms in the store. That obviously means you have an armed response team, just like law enforcement arrives armed, because otherwise how could it be for our safety when criminals don't obey rules or laws?"

He informed me that even he has to keep his firearm in the car. My response? "Wait, you mean you guys aren't armed and you're also asking the customers to disarm? Holy crap, do you realize the liability you've opened yourself up to should something happen by stating we are safer by leaving our means of protection outside?"

I could see the mouse hop on the wheel. It was then that I stated, "I'm sorry, my wife and I do not feel safe or comfortable here. And if Ashley Furniture is willing to lie to us over this, about our very own safety and protection, we don't feel that we can trust anything within this establishment. Thank you for your time." And we left.

Did it do any good? Well, it made me feel better and it made my wife laugh, so yeah, it did! :grin

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
PS- We've furnished our new home by way of Haynes Brothers on 44. When I went there I flat out asked, "Do you care if I have my concealed firearm on me? Ashley Furniture did, so we left." The guy said, "Nope, just fine. I actually prefer it." We've spent thousands there already. Going back for a crib soon.

:thumsup

-on Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 78 Posts