Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since our first combined combative Force on Force class held at Okeechobee shooting sports was such a great success. See reviews:

http://floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/showthread.php?19787-Force-on-Force-after-class-discussion

We have decided to look at putting on another event. We are trying to get as much input from potential students as possible as to best location. So please vote!. This class will teach you how to fight and how to survive a REAL fight for your life.……….

Where would YOU like to attend this class?

Northern Florida / Pan Handle

Central Florida

South Florida

Other Please Specify

Course Description:
We will address defending yourself while keeping your firearm safe during a physical assault, through transitioning to the use of justified deadly force. This course is designed to teach our students close encounter, practical gun fighting skills and real-time deadly force decision making. This is a progressive building block class that will allow you to combine skills learned during each session into scenario based exercises, using Airsoft Weapons.

Included in this 2 day course will include preparing you to protect yourself and your weapon during a physical assault.

Day one: How to carry, draw, defend whilst drawing. How to physically defend yourself against a close encounter / physical assault while in possession of a firearm. Dealing with single and multiple attackers. How to move around buildings, vehicles, people etc whilst using a firearm.

Plus advanced fighting pistol skills, that are required in REALISTIC fighting environments. Such as engaging a threat at contact range, close quarter to medium range engagement, Movement while fighting, Communication both with threats and with allies, Aggressing and Retreating from a fight (why when, how) .

Day two: Will be spent in Practical Shooting Drills, Force-On-Force Training and Scenarios. Students will be forced to make fighting decisions against single and multiple threats in dynamic environments. Drills will be conducted indoors, outdoors and using vehicles. This is where we take ALL the skills and drills taught on the fist day and night and put them to practical use. No “time outs”, no “lets start again”, no “do over’s”. Instructors and Students will face off in a series of realistic deadly force scenarios…….How will you fair?

Why FOF Training?:
Gives the participant the opportunity to test & evaluate principles/tactics, equipment, physical skills and mental conditioning in a realistic & safe training environment.

Well developed "Force-on-Force" training creates a reasonable facsimile of combat. Reactions are tested, stress is produced; specifically stress induced by either pain or the fear of pain. Constant activation of the "Sympathetic Nervous System" through pain or the fear of pain is the key to developing the orientation or "inoculation" to overreaction and improper decision making from a similar type of stimulus.

This training gives the participants the opportunity to take initiative and the responsibility for their actions and what occurs, allows for the analyzing, and questioning of the experience, all while grappling with the dilemmas and contradictions of their actions in a continuing process of evaluating the experience.

Equipment Needed:
Personal Airsoft pistol, holster and at least 200 BB's, preferably a replica of your Carry Weapon.
Spare gas, CO2 or batteries or charger for your airsoft gun.
Heavy long sleeve shirt and pair of gloves
Airsoft mask / goggles and Shooting glasses
Ear protection
Change of Clothes (you will get dirty)
Knee pads.

Please dress in comfortable street clothes and shoes for each of the classes. Please dress in the type of attire that you would normally wear while carrying your weapon. (no v necks, no open top shoes)

Food:
Please bring all food / snacks you will want to eat during training along with your own cooler and fluids. You WILL need to stay hydrated!. We will not be stopping (other than short breaks or as indicated above) or leaving the location for the duration of the class.

Course Duration:
Class would be a 2 day event with skills / drills and techniques on day one, then day two will be putting said day one skills into practical use, with ongoing scenarios and FOF roll play using airsoft weapons

Course Cost:
Would be $200 for 1 day or $300 for both days training. Credit cards accepted. Payment in full must be made prior to class.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'll take this class every time it's given no matter where it's being held but south works best for me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Please don't hold the class between June 11th - June 23rd or July 16th & 17th (hopefully Brownie's class) or July 30th - August 10th. I attended the last class and it was so good I never want to miss one going forward. Overall the best 2 days training one could ever hope for.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I voted.....but where ever you guys take it, I plan on being there. I will even drive to the panhandle for this class. (Be a nice little out-of-state road trip). ebl

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
What looks like "Open Carry" in the near future...we might think about throwing in some retention techniques also..whether you plan on open carry or not its still good know...

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have a date in mind, Will?

Beers y'all,
Ken
Good question Ken. I think mid June might work, but nothing is fixed yet........Remember this class does not require LIVE fire, so we could break it up into and "indoor / outdoor" event if the facilities are available......Just an idea folks

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
I have been involved in three fof events, nothing this thorough. Here is what I've seen, everybody who has a cwl should do this at least once. It is eye opening and will completely change your perspective. If you blink, you will miss it, it happens and is over that fast. You will never see you gun. You won't use two hands. you will MOVE! This is a must do event.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would LOVE to go to this class but 3 bills are hard to come by right now. Plus, I would like for my wife to go too. It will have to wait a bit till my business gets booming.

Nathan

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would LOVE to go to this class but 3 bills are hard to come by right now. Plus, I would like for my wife to go too. It will have to wait a bit till my business gets booming.

Nathan
Hi Nathan. We would love to see you and the wife at one of our FOF classes. Maybe you guys could put a few bucks a week in a "training" piggybank. You will be amazed how quickly it adds up if you make a point to contribute to it. It may well take a month or 2 or even 3 to get there....but you will. It’s all about priorities my friend.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Nice write up Will....close to 8000 people on line and only 15 votes...Wonder what it is about Force on Force that scares people..Perhaps they don't want to know their weakness..People, if you attend this class..YOU WILL FAIL..don't be afraid to fail, it is the way to success..When you fail in this class, your pride might be hurt but at least you'll live...and learn. If it happens in real life..There are no second place winners in a lethal force encouter..only first and first loser. When it comes to your life, losing is not an option.

·
Super Moderator
19,788 Posts
The following is building, Terry. A good portion of the participants from the first class are eager to repeat. Suggest a different location from the first to offer the experience to a new pool of victims.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
The following is building, Terry. A good portion of the participants from the first class are eager to repeat. Suggest a different location from the first to offer the experience to a new pool of victims.
Already in the planning..Like anything else it takes time to catch on..I think we have talked about doing FOF for the last couple of years and just now finally got it done, with some great AAR's I might add....Most FOF I've observed from others over the years is more free style..this course we put on is very disciplined and structured with skill training 1st day and scenario training the next...

·
Registered
69 Posts
When you fail in this class, your pride might be hurt but at least you'll live...and learn. If it happens in real life..There are no second place winners in a lethal force encouter..only first and first loser. When it comes to your life, losing is not an option.
We bleed in training so we don't bleed on the street.

·
Super Moderator
19,788 Posts
Already in the planning..Like anything else it takes time to catch on..I think we have talked about doing FOF for the last couple of years and just now finally got it done, with some great AAR's I might add....Most FOF I've observed from others over the years is more free style..this course we put on is very disciplined and structured with skill training 1st day and scenario training the next...
The way ya'll structured the first class is definitely a cut above anything I've heard other instructors offering to the general public. Closest would be Randy, but he's limited by only having one instructor to run the whole thing. Having you three provides the flexibility and realism needed to really accomplish an excellent training experience.

Kudos! :thumsup

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Nathan. We would love to see you and the wife at one of our FOF classes. Maybe you guys could put a few bucks a week in a "training" piggybank. You will be amazed how quickly it adds up if you make a point to contribute to it. It may well take a month or 2 or even 3 to get there....but you will. It’s all about priorities my friend.
Thats a great idea. Any chance on a discount for a spouse??? I just started my own business and its going very well. Its wierd how the times that we find ourselves in kind of change our list of priorities. Give me a couple months and have a class in Southwest Florida. I'll get it together!

Nathan

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Secured a spot on Hwy 40 between Barberville and Ormond if we need it..not a gun range..just several acres with out buildings etc right on the Hwy but out of sight..Dont worry, its paved, got shade, large grassy areas, parking lot, concession stand, grandstands (seating) etc..lol..can you guess?...

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well it looks like we are going to have to do the next one up at Terry's Location in Central Florida!.....Just need to figure out the dates. End of June?....Terry?

We can always look at another in South Florida later in the year!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.