Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the wife and I have escaped Washington state we are looking to get our Florida CCW's. We are looking for a class to get this done. We have legally carried for past 10 years and feel naked without. Looking for first class we can get into. Thanks

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Welcome to Florida and congratulations on your escape. Others may have suggestions but I would call the closest local gun store and they should be able to give you that advice.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
In addition to your local gun store there are also some very qualtified instructors on this forum. One in palm beach and Boca Raton Bob Harvey and one in Fort Pierce Rick Weaver and Will Farrugia trains at a few locations to name just a few. I have trained with all three and recommend any of them. Depending upon your location there also are others you can "interview".

·
Super Moderator
30,165 Posts
Now that the wife and I have escaped Washington state we are looking to get our Florida CCW's. We are looking for a class to get this done. We have legally carried for past 10 years and feel naked without. Looking for first class we can get into. Thanks
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Judo7804!

At the very least, if your training for a Washington State permit meets the standards I f.s.790.06, you should be able to use that trading for your Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License (CWFL), but also carefully read f.s. 790.015 because I believe you can carry for 90 days:
790.015 Nonresidents who are United States citizens and hold a concealed weapons license in another state; reciprocity.—
(1) Notwithstanding s. 790.01, a nonresident of Florida may carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm while in this state if the nonresident:
(a) Is 21 years of age or older.
(b) Has in his or her immediate possession a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm issued to the nonresident in his or her state of residence.
(c) Is a resident of the United States.
(2) A nonresident is subject to the same laws and restrictions with respect to carrying a concealed weapon or concealed firearm as a resident of Florida who is so licensed.
(3) If the resident of another state who is the holder of a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm issued in another state establishes legal residence in this state by:
(a) Registering to vote;
(b) Making a statement of domicile pursuant to s. 222.17; or
(c) Filing for homestead tax exemption on property in this state,
the license shall remain in effect for 90 days following the date on which the holder of the license establishes legal state residence.
(4) This section applies only to nonresident concealed weapon or concealed firearm licenseholders from states that honor Florida concealed weapon or concealed firearm licenses.
(5) The requirement of paragraph (1)(a) does not apply to a person who:
(a) Is a servicemember, as defined in s. 250.01; or
(b) Is a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who was discharged under honorable conditions.

History.—s. 1, ch. 99-132; s. 2, ch. 2012-108.
If you're a veteran, take a look at our Military Service Thread where you'll find many of us there, too!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Also, I highly recommend you read this thread to understand how to navigate FCC to get the most out of your experience. One particular item that's caught many veteran FCC members off guard is the "Recommended Reading" at the bottom of each page, which MAY contain quite old threads of inactive conversations lacking up-to-date information or context. So beware of the date of the last post (just to the right of the post number) in any thread you come across so you don't mistakenly think every post is recent and start responding to very old posts/threads that been dormant for quite some time, sometimes for many years.

Again, welcome to FCC and good luck! :cool:

-BH

USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present. Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA Life, NRA Endowment Life, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Welcome from NC Florida. I'm an ex Oak Harbor, Wash resident. Washington state has no requirements for firearm training to obtain a CCW, but if you were a member of the military after you have established your residency all you need to do is show your DD214 to satisfy the Fl training requirement. Wa and Fl do not share reciprocity either. If your wife was a vet, same, if she was not she will need a class to fulfill minimum requirements. Classes vary and so does the price so check several places.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Judo7804!

At the very least, if your training for a Washington State permit meets the standards I f.s.790.06, you should be able to use that trading for your Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License (CWFL), but also carefully read f.s. 790.015 because I believe you can carry for 90 days:

If you're a veteran, take a look at our Military Service Thread where you'll find many of us there, too!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Also, I highly recommend you read this thread to understand how to navigate FCC to get the most out of your experience. One particular item that's caught many veteran FCC members off guard is the "Recommended Reading" at the bottom of each page, which MAY contain quite old threads of inactive conversations lacking up-to-date information or context. So beware of the date of the last post (just to the right of the post number) in any thread you come across so you don't mistakenly think every post is recent and start responding to very old posts/threads that been dormant for quite some time, sometimes for many years.

Again, welcome to FCC and good luck! :cool:

-BH

USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present. Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA Life, NRA Endowment Life, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
If you had anymore qualifications you'd have run out of paper ;)(y)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Welcome from Tallahassee, let us know where you are located.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Welcome from Nature's Coast Fl. (y)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts