Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Thought there were guards in place to prevent them from posting until they were validated.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so too , I thought my spammer thread would do it . Who know's what your computer might catch if you click on it , macefee is already scared of this fourm.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wonder why the Admins just didn't delete the threads rather than blocking them? They just clutter things up a bit.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
"Turkey SPAM" That sounds terrible, now make it bacon SPAM and you'll have something!

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
I PM'd Beerhunter about him that evening.

The guy had posted 5-6 different posts with links in a matter of minutes starting a little after 10:pM.

I don't believe that this site is currently set up to require mod or admin approval of new members before they can post.

It only takes a couple of clicks by someone with Admin access to set the site that way.

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Is there some where else , I should have reported the spammer ? for next time .
If you look in the lower left corner of each post, you'll see a triangle with an exclamation point in it. This is to "report a post." It's what I use to report SPAM posts. But you can only use it once every few minutes.

·
Super Moderator
26,332 Posts
Is there some where else , I should have reported the spammer ? for next time .
All one need do is click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of the post window (triangle with exclamation point inside), give the reason for reporting it, then all the mods get a message drawing their attention to it and we'll take care of it as soon as possible

·
Super Moderator
26,332 Posts
Ok thanks, now that I know this it will not happen again
No worries! I think the info probably exists in various places on the forum but perhaps when I have more time I'll take on a project creating a one stop shop FCC "how to..." sticky thread in the help section! :grin

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I'm not sure about that. I'll check with admin.
It's the "Why Veterans Tend to Hate Liberals" thread. My regular login password does't work on it. This is what the message looks like:

vBulletin Message
Your administrator has required a password to access this forum. Please enter this password now.
Note: This requires cookies!

Password:

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
Ok. That's easy. It got moved to the Political forum which requires the password Gladiator.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts