Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very new to concealed carry having recieved my permit just 5 days ago. I actually have not carried outside my house as yet. I guess I just want to be comfortable as possible with my in waist band holster. I have a Galco holster whichbI bought from the range where I did my conceal permit class.

I go to the Palm Beach Shooting Center located in Lake Worth next to I95. I am trying to go there to shoot at least once per week with my Glock 23. I look forward to reporting back as soon as I start carrying in public.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I go to the Palm Beach Shooting Center located in Lake Worth next to I95. I am trying to go there to shoot at least once per week with my Glock 23. I look forward to reporting back as soon as I start carrying in public.
Welcome Glockcarry23, I go to Gator Gun range just north of you on Okeechobee blvd. Also welcome to the world of CC. I say just jump head first into carrying in public. As long as you have a good holster and you dont touch your gun no one will even notice. People just dont pay attention as much as you would think. They just go about their merry little way totally oblivious. Dont be suprise at your new found skill at spotting other CCW people walking around.

·
Administrator
806 Posts
Hi Glockcarry23, welcome to FCC and to the world of concealed carry. When I started carrying I remember being hyper sensitive of my firearm and of people around me. The sensitivity to my firearm went away however I'm always aware of my surroundings and the people in it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi guys...

I still am conscientious about printing...but as I am a bit on the fat side (understated)...it is quite a challenge for me to not print.

I finally reached a point where I just decided that as long as it was concealed...I wasn't going to worry if it occasionally printed...and I found as JohnSteele pointed out...that the majority of folks (and to my experience even the average LEO) go through life oblivious of other people and what they wear/look like and do.

Being a people watcher by nature...I find this hard to understand...but easy to live with... ;)

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Welcome from Orange Park...:grin...Make the wally walk a couple of times, you will feel much more comfortable...:2thumsup

·
Registered
21,127 Posts
welcome aboard...

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Yes and I'm sorry. went to the end of the posts and had to leave for a couple of hours. When i came back i forgot when i was....:dunno...:bowdown...bad G, bad G:smack

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Welcome, Glockcarry23! :wave

·
Registered
4,719 Posts

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Welcome

·