Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some will recall; a couple weeks ago, Shark commented that he had a three inch Python coming, but he thought things over and decided to let someone else have it instead; if anyone was interested.
Well, I was and he graciously allowed me to “horn in” on his deal.

So, a couple of days ago, I headed on over to the east to make the gun deal, and visit with Shark, his lovely and gracious wife, and Rayman! It was a great time; seeing all the stuff (and the most exquisite “gun-room”) that he’s posted about on here. Rayman was looking pretty chipper, too; and I heard that Mrs. Shark has been working him pretty hard! They certainly have one really cool place, and yes; I saw the “range,“ too!

And, on top of all that; I got a Python! (Big shout out to Roger on that; Roger; you're the man!)
I shot it at IDPA practice today, and the thing’s a laser. The only thing I don’t like about stainless revolvers is cleaning the front of the cylinder after shooting. I have Miracle Cloths; but it's still a pain.
The Python has a very good double action trigger; which is all I use on revolvers, anyway, and I ordered a cusrom holster for it this PM from Paul at Warbird leather. I’d bought a decent leather holster to get by with until I receive the Warbird; but it’s for a four inch gun.

Revolver Wood Trigger Air gun Gun barrel
Revolver Photograph Light Wood Trigger

I shot about 50 rounds through the Python at IDPA BUG practice today, and look; no turn lines!
I’ll try to remember to put the trigger pull gauge on it tomorrow; but the dang thing’s a shooter for sure!

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
Great new gun, hope it holds up well after that last bankruptcy I have been gunshy of new colts mostly worried about quality control ,glad to hear your happy with it. I might have to rethink that one.

·
Super Moderator
31,669 Posts
Beautiful and congratulations, Rick. Kudos to Shark for facilitating the deal and hosting Rick for while at his compound for the trip! I'm envious. (y)(y) 🤠

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Awesome…. I’m sure you can shoot it as fast as your usual edc!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
Rick, I am tickled to death that you got the Python instead of me. I think you exemplify what these forums are about. They are a group of like minded individuals with many things in common. It gives us all an opportunity to help each other. I remember when you reached out to Gunner and worked on his 1911 for him and remembered when you built the 1911 for Brownie. I think it’s the same on most forums, even on forums of lawyers I belong to, there are those who genuinely want to help each other, those who pass along useful information and then those who just want to argue and be right.

In addition to being just a genuinely generous fellow with his time and effort, Rick really surprised me when he showed up. He handed me a little box that said Wilson combat on the outside, I was quietly saying to myself “Oh good, now I have 126 1911 magazines instead of 125” To my complete shock, this guy gave me a Wilson combat folding pocket knife that I’ve always wanted but was too cheap to buy for myself. I will post pictures later.

I’m happy to be part of the family here. With Rick’s deep voice my wife said that he should do voiceovers for radio commercials. Rick, thank you for your kindness you are a gentleman and one of the stellar members here on the forum with whom I am proud to associate.

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Rick, I am tickled to death that you got the Python instead of me. I think you exemplify what these forums are about. They are a group of like minded individuals with many things in common. It gives us all an opportunity to help each other. I remember when you reached out to Gunner and worked on his 1911 for him and remembered when you built the 1911 for Brownie. I think it’s the same on most forums, even on forums of lawyers I belong to, there are those who genuinely want to help each other, those who pass along useful information and then those who just want to argue and be right.

In addition to being just a genuinely generous fellow with his time and effort, Rick really surprised me when he showed up. He handed me a little box that said Wilson combat on the outside, I was quietly saying to myself “Oh good, now I have 126 1911 magazines instead of 125” To my complete shock, this guy gave me a Wilson combat folding pocket knife that I’ve always wanted but was too cheap to buy for myself. I will post pictures later.

I’m happy to be part of the family here. With Rick’s deep voice my wife said that he should do voiceovers for radio commercials. Rick, thank you for your kindness you are a gentleman and one of the stellar members here on the forum with whom I am proud to associate.
Have you heard him sing and play guitar? This dude has some pipes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,209 Posts
Sweet revo. Rick I use flitz on a toothbrush for cylinders and then hit it with gunscrubber or similar. I could shoot hundreds of rounds thru a revo and with that make it look new again every time. The cloths work but don’t get as much as quick as flitz on a brush.

·
Registered
9,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

Thanks for the kind words, Roger!
You’ll be interested to hear that a new property owner here just asked me last week if I did voice over, and/or was a singer. He and his wife are doctors who live on St. Pete Beach, and wanted to get another waterfront property up here away from all the craziness down there.

·
Registered
9,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet revo. Rick I use flitz on a toothbrush for cylinders and then hit it with gunscrubber or similar. I could shoot hundreds of rounds thru a revo and with that make it look new again every time. The cloths work but don’t get as much as quick as flitz on a brush.
Thanks for the tip Saiid!
I’ll pick up some Flitz. I’ve used it on motorcycles, but haven’t used any on guns. I’m guessing that, like Miracle Cloth; you don’t want to use it on blued guns…

·
Registered
9,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’m glad that y’all like it, and it’s interesting that the DA pull on this handgun seems smoother and almost lighter than its’ SA trigger pull.
I just broke out the Lyman Digital TPG; 6 pound five ounce average SA trigger pull, and a nine pound average DA pull. The DA pull surprised me, as it’s so smooth that I thought it’d be not much over 7-8 pounds.

·
Registered
56,517 Posts
I’m glad that y’all like it, and it’s interesting that the DA pull on this handgun seems smoother and almost lighter than its’ SA trigger pull.
I just broke out the Lyman Digital TPG; 6 pound five ounce average SA trigger pull, and a nine pound average DA pull. The DA pull surprised me, as it’s so smooth that I thought it’d be not much over 7-8 pounds.
6# 5 ounce on single action? That's quite heavy for a revo cocked to single action IMO. Even the Sig DA/SA's single action is just 4#'s.

·
Registered
168 Posts
That's a beautiful revolver... I'm impressed with the DA trigger pull. For comparison, I just checked my S&W 686 - the 686 is their medium frame .357. On my 686, the DA trigger pull is 10 pounds 15 ounces, and the SA is about 2 pounds 8 ounces. I'd much prefer a DA pull of 9 ounces.

·
Registered
9,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
6# 5 ounce on single action? That's quite heavy for a revo cocked to single action IMO. Even the Sig DA/SA's single action is just 4#'s.
I agree, Brownie, but since I shoot revolvers DA only, and it has a nice DA pull; it doesn’t matter much to me. The DA pull feels nicer to me than the SA pull; though I’ve only dry-fired, not shot, it SA.

·
Registered
9,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's a beautiful revolver... I'm impressed with the DA trigger pull. For comparison, I just checked my S&W 686 - the 686 is their medium frame .357. On my 686, the DA trigger pull is 10 pounds 15 ounces, and the SA is about 2 pounds 8 ounces. I'd much prefer a DA pull of 9 ounces.
That’d be one hell of a DA pull! 😄

·
Registered
18,209 Posts
Thanks for the tip Saiid!
I’ll pick up some Flitz. I’ve used it on motorcycles, but haven’t used any on guns. I’m guessing that, like Miracle Cloth; you don’t want to use it on blued guns…
No! It’s got fine silica crystals in it that make it mildly abrasive and will scrub the blue off. For stainless guns it’ll work great. Lil dab and scrub the cylinder face, crane and inside. Then blast it off. It’ll look like new forever.
But be careful on the polished flats as it’ll dull them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts