Florida Concealed Carry banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts
A friend moved down to FL earlier this year and has established permanent residence. Does a NY State NRA Hunter Safety certificate satisfy the requirement to apply for CFWL or does he need to sit through a class?

A friend moved down to FL earlier this year and has established permanent residence. Does a NY State NRA Hunter Safety certificate satisfy the requirement to apply for CFWL or does he need to sit through a class?
His cert is fine. Though I would certainly recommend you set him in front of someone knowledgeable in FL Firearms law, and insist he by Gutmacher's book.

Dis ain't New Yawk. :D

: censored
His cert is fine. Though I would certainly recommend you set him in front of someone knowledgeable in FL Firearms law, and insist he by Gutmacher's book.

Dis ain't New Yawk. :D
Hey, you be talking to another New Yawker... Longgggg Island to be more specific :D But seriously, he is certainly the type to leave no stone unturned in doing research. I don't think he is considering carrying at this time, but has expressed interest in maybe getting the CWL so that he can purchase without a waiting period to have a gun at home and have the option of carrying in the future.

I took him to the range last week and brought all the guns for him to try. His previous experiences at the range has been with beat to : censored rentals so I brought all our guns for him to try: revolvers, 22's, and of course my G-26 and EMP. He tried them all, I know cause I sat and cleaned them ALL yesterday. Next time i'll tell him to pick his favorite instead :D or at least clean what he shoots!

I filled out my app, made copies of necessary docs, was notarized, pictured, and fingerprinted all in the same afternoon. Then I placed all items into the envelope, took it to the post office and mailed it on March 10th. On April 19th, I had my CWFL in my hands. (Just under 6 weeks)

I knew they did the electronic fingerprints in downtown Tampa, but I didn't know you could do the entire app process as well. I think I'll give it a try when I have to renew in 2017. :cool:

I filled out my app, made copies of necessary docs, was notarized, pictured, and fingerprinted all in the same afternoon. Then I placed all items into the envelope, took it to the post office and mailed it on March 10th. On April 19th, I had my CWFL in my hands. (Just under 6 weeks)
Actually, the way things are running now, that's a fairly long wait.

I read on another forum where average time is 7 days, one guy got his in 3 days! My wife did hers last Wednesday and hasn't got it yet.

http://floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/images/smilies/censored.gif Take a look at the timeline thread people, many of us waited up to 5 months to receive ours. I had no mistakes on prints or anything and it took over 110 days. I would have paid an extra 100 bucks to get mine in 2 weeks.....G30 http://floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/images/smilies/2.gif

http://floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/images/smilies/censored.gif Take a look at the timeline thread people, many of us waited up to 5 months to receive ours. I had no mistakes on prints or anything and it took over 110 days. I would have paid an extra 100 bucks to get mine in 2 weeks.....G30 http://floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/images/smilies/2.gif
that is "ancient history" the days of long waits seem to be over, I got mine 9 days after submitting it in the JAX office and many others have reported similar time frames. It sucks that you had to wait so long but give them the credit they deserve for the quick issuing of permits we are enjoying now

Not knocking it whatsoever I think it is fantastic that they did something right to correct the problem and make it eaiser for applicants, IMHO the number of new applicants this year will at least double due to this...... Point was it urks me to see " have'nt gotten mine yet and its only been10 days"....G30

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else having trouble contacting the Jacksonville regional office to schedule an appointment? I've called the main number several times and the nice lady who answers the phone transfers me to the appropriate office but no one ever answers. I've left messages but have not received a call back. This has gone on for about two weeks now. I'm in Colorado until the end of the month but I know they're around 3-4 weeks behind on appointments so I want to schedule as soon as I can. Anyone else in the same boat with the Jacksonville office? Thanks!

that's great ! cause my buddy went to the local PD for his prints & was kept waiting for over an hour & a half by the " desk cop with-an-attitude ", while he ( the desk cop ) went out of his way to do everything to get out of taking my freinds prints ! & it's not like my freind " looks " like a freak or anything, he owns his own local business & was wearing his everyday supervisor type company attire, has short hair, is clean & well spoken, & was just drug through the dirt by this guy ! He even told him 2 or 3 times he'd probably have better luck coming back another day ! then when he did finally print him he didnt even give him anything to wipe his hands with, when my freind asked he said " it'll wear off " ! Great job by the Venice PD !

I talked to a Woman in Tally about the electronic CWP application process. She told me it was to save money on Paper related Documents and postage.... so I don't feel so bad about complaining on here that my appt. was made Monay and is a Month and half away in the Jacksonville Office. UGH !!

Yea this is how i got mine CCW and I recieved it in 8 business days. My best friend had submitted for his license through the mail and it took him between 3-4 months to get his license.

Right now the time to process mail in applications is 6 to 8 weeks, mailed mine Dec.17th, money order cashed on Dec.29th and I'm still waiting..
Interesting. The limited data that we've received from members in the timelines thread suggests more like 4 weeks for mail-in. Please keep us informed.

Where did you get the 6 to 8 week number?

61 - 80 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.