Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all! I am a retired 70+ year-old Maryland State Trooper, 23 years service. I am a Maryland resident but own a "snowbird" home in Pasco County. The wife and I stay in Pasco only from January thru April each year. As a retired Law Enforcement Officer, I obtain the Federal LEOSA permit each year, qualifying at a Maryland Range. With the virus issue this year, I may be required to remain in FL longer and am afraid my LEOSA will expire. For the majority of my Trooper career I carried on-duty a Model 13 Smith 4 inch 357 revolver. Near my retirement, MSP switched to the Beretta semi-autos. We had multiple hangups and stovepipes and I never became as confident in semis as in wheelguns! So I am a revolver guy and carry a nice little S&W Airweight 5-shot. It was my backup during my career and it never failed to go bang. Easy to conceal and enough puch to get the job done. Best to everyone. Lets stop the virus, not our right to carry!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Welcome aboard from Cape Coral. FWIW, Jon Gutmacher's book Florida Firearms, Law Use & Ownership is worth every penny. It explains our firearms laws in plain English.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville

·
Super Moderator
26,066 Posts
Welcome again to FCC from Palm Beach County, Buck!

Check my additional reply in your LEOSA permit thread!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome again to FCC from Palm Beach County, Buck!

Check my additional reply in your LEOSA permit thread!
I did see it but I am not a Florida resident. It has been my understanding someone must be a resident to apply for a FL CCP? Maybe I have not been given accurate info?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I did see it but I am not a Florida resident. It has been my understanding someone must be a resident to apply for a FL CCP? Maybe I have not been given accurate info?
No sir you can apply.

·
Super Moderator
26,066 Posts
Read my second reply in your other thread again. The info you were given was wrong!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts