Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the National Rifle Association’s Campaign Field Representative for the Florida Panhandle. I am building and leading a grassroots campaign throughout the panhandle because, quite frankly, I am worried about America’s future. Our Constitution is under siege and, as always, our Second Amendment rights are under attack. The Castle Doctrine and Stand-Your-Ground Law are under scrutiny, the U.N. is pushing a treaty that would take away our gun rights, and we have a President who doesn’t seem to care much for gun owners. We have to elect fellow second amendment supporters before it is too late. We can’t wait to act tomorrow. We have to get involved today.

By becoming politically involved and donating a few hours of your time to a worthy cause, we can ensure America’s future will be bright. I’m asking you to make calls to voters, canvass neighborhoods, attend NRA events, or drive the grassroots game in other ways. The State of Florida will be pivotal this year, and we desperately need your help. Your assistance will make all of the difference. Please send me an email at [email protected] at your earliest convenience to get started. Our local campaign headquarters will be in Panama City, but a lot of volunteer activities can be done in the comfort of your own home. Remember, there is too much to risk in this election to not get involved. We have to work together, get involved, and get involved early to make a difference.

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
I am the National Rifle Association’s Campaign Field Representative for the Florida Panhandle. I am building and leading a grassroots campaign throughout the panhandle because, quite frankly, I am worried about America’s future. Our Constitution is under siege and, as always, our Second Amendment rights are under attack. The Castle Doctrine and Stand-Your-Ground Law are under scrutiny, the U.N. is pushing a treaty that would take away our gun rights, and we have a President who doesn’t seem to care much for gun owners. We have to elect fellow second amendment supporters before it is too late. We can’t wait to act tomorrow. We have to get involved today.

By becoming politically involved and donating a few hours of your time to a worthy cause, we can ensure America’s future will be bright. I’m asking you to make calls to voters, canvass neighborhoods, attend NRA events, or drive the grassroots game in other ways. The State of Florida will be pivotal this year, and we desperately need your help. Your assistance will make all of the difference. Please send me an email at [email protected] at your earliest convenience to get started. Our local campaign headquarters will be in Panama City, but a lot of volunteer activities can be done in the comfort of your own home. Remember, there is too much to risk in this election to not get involved. We have to work together, get involved, and get involved early to make a difference.
:2thumsup

·
Registered
5,548 Posts

Could you give us your name? Also, why don't you guys have NRA e-mail addresses?

·
Registered
15,211 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
3,918 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Guys I had this rep at a local patriots meeting and I believe he's genuine in his desire for change that is in line with most gun enthusiast and 2A defenders. I hope he'll post his schedule of events here so that we locals can attend. I'm not going to jump the gun on the name or schedule as I'll leave that up to him.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Good to see you you! We need a voice up there in the Florida and US legislature.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Here are the items he has available. He'll be at Gold N Guns in Panama City on Saturday the 28th from 10A - 1P, then on to Bay Guns till 4PM. Stop by if you can and pick up some of these items and more literature. You can join or re-new your NRA membership too (actually though me) while you're there! Stop by and say hello!

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Welcome from Ft. Lauderdale, the OTHER END OF THE STATE. Thanks for reaching out to us on this forum. Perhaps you could contact the Rep for this end of the state and ask that he (or she) do the same.
Thanks to you and the NRA for your help in supporting our Gun Rights.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Welcome 'New Rep'

Sure wish I knew how to link to a previous thread.

We had a thread back in June from John MacIver who is(was?) the rep for Central Florida (in the Orlando area).
I trust you are not John, now relocated to the panhandle?

John provided his email address as [email protected] - so, I'm assuming the '.nra' is the proscribed way NRA wants you to identify yourselves. However, as others have mentioned, I can't imagine that not using your name would do anything but hinder an organizing effort that will depend a lot on name recognition and building a base of contacts.

Speaking of name recognition and base of contacts, it would seem, IMHO, that an active role in the various gun forums around your area of operations (as well as the statewide ones - such as Florida Concealed Carry, Florida Carry, Florida Shooters, Florida Open Carry(?), et al.) would be a good way to build name recognition with whole groups of gun owners (not all of whom - unfortunately - are NRA members).

The text used in your OP was almost verbatim that which I've seen for other similar notifications for Campaign Field Representatives. I presume, that too, is an NRA recommended introduction?

Since Orlando is closer to the area I live in (Spring Hill is on the Gulf Coast about 40 miles North of Tampa), I will also presume that John would be the nearest Field Rep for this area.

Again - Welcome and your efforts on our behalf are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Welcome 'New Rep'

Sure wish I knew how to link to a previous thread.

We had a thread back in June from John MacIver who is(was?) the rep for Central Florida (in the Orlando area).
I trust you are not John, now relocated to the panhandle?

John provided his email address as [email protected] - so, I'm assuming the '.nra' is the proscribed way NRA wants you to identify yourselves. However, as others have mentioned, I can't imagine that not using your name would do anything but hinder an organizing effort that will depend a lot on name recognition and building a base of contacts.

Speaking of name recognition and base of contacts, it would seem, IMHO, that an active role in the various gun forums around your area of operations (as well as the statewide ones - such as Florida Concealed Carry, Florida Carry, Florida Shooters, Florida Open Carry(?), et al.) would be a good way to build name recognition with whole groups of gun owners (not all of whom - unfortunately - are NRA members).

The text used in your OP was almost verbatim that which I've seen for other similar notifications for Campaign Field Representatives. I presume, that too, is an NRA recommended introduction?

Since Orlando is closer to the area I live in (Spring Hill is on the Gulf Coast about 40 miles North of Tampa), I will also presume that John would be the nearest Field Rep for this area.

Again - Welcome and your efforts on our behalf are greatly appreciated.
Nope, not John and not previously from Florida.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Nope, not John and not previously from Florida.
lwbfl -

O.K.! Thanks . . . and we'll wait to see if he chooses to identify himself.
I gather you know him (or, at least have met him) and he's passed your muster?

Thanks for the input.

Being "not previously from Florida," I would think it would be even more important for him to start building contacts and name recognition.

JMHO. . YMMV

·
Registered
889 Posts
lwbfl -

O.K.! Thanks . . . and we'll wait to see if he chooses to identify himself.
I gather you know him (or, at least have met him) and he's passed your muster?

Thanks for the input.

Being "not previously from Florida," I would think it would be even more important for him to start building contacts and name recognition.

JMHO. . YMMV
Yes, I had him attend our local Patriots meeting and talk about what the NRA is doing regarding the upcoming elections. He was brought in by the NRA specifically for our area to make sure gun rights enthusiast vote to support our 2nd amendment rights! He's been at different gun shops nearly every day so he might not be taking much time to do the online thing as he's committing lots of time to personal contacts. I know he's planning on attending the Friends of NRA banquet on August 7th in Chipley and has several "NRA day" events scheduled in the Panama City area between now and then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts