Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Not a S&W fan.....but you are trying to convert me with that one.....That is really nice....great pick.....Ebl
Thanks, Rick!

I’ve been thinking about giving you a call just to be sure that you were still kickin’; glad to see your post and know that you’re OK!

What do you think about these two old things:

5AB6A903-EA24-45AA-B30E-EF9AC825E437.jpeg
A2B48603-F64E-437D-98CF-0ED74B27858B.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
27,170 Posts
Welcome back. How can anyone not be a Smith Revolver fan? That’s unthinkable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you saw and got to shoot his Pythons carried when he was active FHP, you'd understand. He brought his rig to one of brownie's courses at Volusia and that thing is absolutely beautiful, as is the holster he keeps it in! 🤠

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Super Moderator
27,170 Posts
Thanks, Rick!

I’ve been thinking about giving you a call just to be sure that you were still kickin’; glad to see your post and know that you’re OK!

What do you think about these two old things:

View attachment 69057 View attachment 69058
I have a nickel Detective Special just like the one in the top photo, which I inherited from Mom and will never part with, even though I shoot it rarely. 🤠

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have a nickel Detective Special just like the one in the top photo, which I inherited from Mom and will never part with, even though I shoot it rarely. 🤠
That one’s actually a Cobra (alloy framed DS) made in 1968; the year before I graduated high school.

The other is an Official Police; and I believe the lanyard loop shows it was made a good bit earlier than the Cobra.

·
Super Moderator
27,170 Posts
That one’s actually a Cobra (alloy framed DS) made in 1968; the year before I graduated high school.

The other is an Official Police; and I believe the lanyard loop shows it was made a good bit earlier than the Cobra.
Gotcha and my mistake. They look so similar.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
If you saw and got to shoot his Pythons carried when he was active FHP, you'd understand. He brought his rig to one of brownie's courses at Volusia and that thing is absolutely beautiful, as is the holster he keeps it in!
Oh I understand, I’m being sarcastic. I’ve seen said Colt, it’s purdy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Greg:

You really ought to shoot that DS. You’d probably be surprised with what a smooth DA trigger pull it has, and how good it’ll shoot. The SA trigger’s nice too; but you know you don’t want to waste time with thumbing a hammer back. ;)

·
Super Moderator
27,170 Posts
Greg:

You really ought to shoot that DS. You’d probably be surprised with what a smooth DA trigger pull it has, and how good it’ll shoot. The SA trigger’s nice too; but you know you don’t want to waste time with thumbing a hammer back. ;)
I know you're right. Just never seem to remember to bring it with me. However, I'm considering making it a BUG and then it would be with me a lot more. 🤠

Reactions: Rick McC.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts