Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Roger is truly the definition of Ole School Gentleman........and I am waiting on that range report...EBL

·
Registered
8,019 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Roger is truly the definition of Ole School Gentleman........and I am waiting on that range report...EBL
Well, went to the range today. Wanted to work up to the 50 cal for the comparison effect AND... because I don't get to the range much these days with the ammo prices. Started with a 22, then 9MM, 45, and onto the 50 cal. Come to find out, the Orlando Gun Club had no issues with the 50 cal in the range. I called ahead and asked. I usually try to get there at opening to make sure a get a lane, BUT I was the only person in the range at opening. I guess because of the ammo issues. When I was at the counter and they checked my ammo, he looked at the box of 50's and said " what are we shooting with these " - I pulled up my shirt and said Glock 50 cal. - he had that look of surprise and said " wow - concealed - I couldn't even tell it was there ". :oops:

I was pleasantly surprised with the Glock 50 !! It was smooth, on target and less recoil than I expected. I didn't have a lot of time and only had one box of ammo ( 20 rounds ) for the 50, would have liked to have shot more. The recoil actually felt similar to the Sig 45 1911. Not more ! My only regret is that I forgot to shoot it one-handed. Will get more ammo and shoot it again.
When I got home my 50 cal self defense rounds were delivered !

·
Super Moderator
29,109 Posts
(y)

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Well, went to the range today. Wanted to work up to the 50 cal for the comparison effect AND... because I don't get to the range much these days with the ammo prices. Started with a 22, then 9MM, 45, and onto the 50 cal. Come to find out, the Orlando Gun Club had no issues with the 50 cal in the range. I called ahead and asked. I usually try to get there at opening to make sure a get a lane, BUT I was the only person in the range at opening. I guess because of the ammo issues. When I was at the counter and they checked my ammo, he looked at the box of 50's and said " what are we shooting with these " - I pulled up my shirt and said Glock 50 cal. - he had that look of surprise and said " wow - concealed - I couldn't even tell it was there ". :oops:

I was pleasantly surprised with the Glock 50 !! It was smooth, on target and less recoil than I expected. I didn't have a lot of time and only had one box of ammo ( 20 rounds ) for the 50, would have liked to have shot more. The recoil actually felt similar to the Sig 45 1911. Not more ! My only regret is that I forgot to shoot it one-handed. Will get more ammo and shoot it again.

View attachment 70640
View attachment 70641
Awesome and great pic's also ! .. Yes regarding my s&w .500 , the first thing i did was to get a set of dies . I bought new brass [ 500 ] had primers and then all assorted heads . Copper heads from 270 gr to 500 gr. hard cast . p.s. - I'm wondering if my copper s.w cutter heads in 270 gr . would fit your .50 cal ? They should as they're the same actual diameter . Just trying to help you save some $$ (y)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Awesome and great pic's also ! .. Yes regarding my s&w .500 , the first thing i did was to get a set of dies . I bought new brass [ 500 ] had primers and then all assorted heads . Copper heads from 270 gr to 500 gr. hard cast . p.s. - I'm wondering if my copper s.w cutter heads in 270 gr . would fit your .50 cal ? They should as they're the same actual diameter . Just trying to help you save some $$ (y)
Thank you Gunner, I'll keep that in mind !

·
Super Moderator
29,109 Posts
I had to chase mine down the street the other day. :)
🤣 I think we all are having to do that lately! Food, fuel, ammo, the price of everything is going up significantly, which IMHO has a lot to do with the spending policies in D.C.! 🤬

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Thank you Gunner, I'll keep that in mind !
You are most welcome my friend . We larger caliber hand gun owners have to stick together .. Just p.m me if you wish , when finding out the answer .. 'Gunner' 😉👍

·
Registered
54,946 Posts

View attachment 70640
View attachment 70641
Good report, of note is your opinion on it's recoil, that's very interesting.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
updated range report....
shot the Glock 50 cal again today and alternated between the Sig 45 ,1911 and the G 50 cal...
The 50 has a very slight recoil difference and very slight decibel difference from the 1911. Also shoots fine one handed.
Been carrying for almost 2 weeks now and its actually more comfortable and hides better than the G19 or the 1911.
Course I have to use a leather Bullard holster for a 45 that hugs it closer to my body than a Kydex that I usually wear.
Pleasantly surprised at all these results 😎

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
I was just thinking wow that is going to be a big holster and quick draw is going to be a little slower than normal.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts