Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Mr Shark showed me a G21 50 cal conversion almost 2 months ago, I've wanted one ever since. Since I am a Glock guy and carry a G19 often, I wanted to add this to my collection. It will be in my carry rotation. I KNOW, your asking, why would anyone want to conceal carry a 50 cal ??? My answer to you would be " because they don't make a 51 cal 馃檮

There's a short story behind this acquisition. I don't buy a lot of guns only because of $$$. If I can buy one a year, I would be happy. However I've been thinking a lot for the last month how I could swing this purchase .
I've told Shark for the last 2 months that this is my next gun. Today I told him that I should be able to order one in the next month or so. He said to me " ya, I think there's a G21 coming to you ". I just assumed he was echoing my comment as anyone would think.

As some of you may know, I've been working at Shark's house for the last couple months working on some projects, which include the "Gun Room". Except for some shelves to put up, it is done. I was starting another project today and Shark approached me with a bag in his hand and said " Happy Birthday ". I didn't know what he was talking about cause it ain't my Bday. In the bag was a new G21 - 50 caliber conversion that I've been drooling over. I think I shed some gun tears, if there's such a thing 馃槄

I just want to THANK YOU Roger, in public for your kindness and thoughtfulness. I can't recall anyone doing something so nice for me !!

I was concerned about what I was going to use for a holster, but Roger found a Bullard 45 cal holster that is a perfect fit. It holds the gun really tight to my body and it conceals just about as good as my G19 or my Sig 1911. I wore it home today with a full 10 round mag. I would say that was a good day.

When I got home and showed my wife, I was commenting on how beautiful it was and she thought I was talking about her. OOPS 馃き

Cant wait to shoot it this weekend, I just want to put some big holes in something 馃槑

The last pic is my G19 9mm round comparison to the 50 round

Registered
Wow, What a hole in the front of that super sweet gun. Have you fired it yet?
Talk about eye candy and this beauty is it.
Congratulations.
Ronnie (y)

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

Registered
Sweet! And quite an interesting choice. :)

The only "problem" I see with a gun like that (at least for personal defense) is the argument that it is overly-deadly.
Some prosecutor is sure to paint you as a gun-crazed murderer out to inflict as much certain death as possible, and you planned it in advance to boot.
Of course, a standard 9mm is just as deadly....

How much is ammo for that baby?

I'm a Glock fanboy too, but happy with my current lineup.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6

The only "problem" I see with a gun like that (at least for personal defense) is the argument that it is overly-deadly.
Some prosecutor is sure to paint you as a gun-crazed murderer out to inflict as much certain death as possible, and you planned it in advance to boot.

$2.50 a round - self defense ammo

I get what your saying, I'll carry occasionally just for the fun of it. Mostly carry G19 or a 1911

Registered
Nice Karma Roger. Big girls need love too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Congrats on your new pistol; and sincere appreciation to Roger for 鈥減aying it forward!鈥

Premium Member
Mr Shark showed me a G21 50 cal conversion almost 2 months ago, I've wanted one ever since. Since I am a Glock guy and carry a G19 often, I wanted to add this to my collection. It will be in my carry rotation. I KNOW, your asking, why would anyone want to conceal carry a 50 cal ??? My answer to you would be " because they don't make a 51 cal 馃檮

There's a short story behind this acquisition. I don't buy a lot of guns only because of $$$. If I can buy one a year, I would be happy. However I've been thinking a lot for the last month how I could swing this purchase .
I've told Shark for the last 2 months that this is my next gun. Today I told him that I should be able to order one in the next month or so. He said to me " ya, I think there's a G21 coming to you ". I just assumed he was echoing my comment as anyone would think.

As some of you may know, I've been working at Shark's house for the last couple months working on some projects, which include the "Gun Room". Except for some shelves to put up, it is done. I was starting another project today and Shark approached me with a bag in his hand and said " Happy Birthday ". I didn't know what he was talking about cause it ain't my Bday. In the bag was a new G21 - 50 caliber conversion that I've been drooling over. I think I shed some gun tears, if there's such a thing 馃槄

I just want to THANK YOU Roger, in public for your kindness and thoughtfulness. I can't recall anyone doing something so nice for me !!

I was concerned about what I was going to use for a holster, but Roger found a Bullard 45 cal holster that is a perfect fit. It holds the gun really tight to my body and it conceals just about as good as my G19 or my Sig 1911. I wore it home today with a full 10 round mag. I would say that was a good day.

When I got home and showed my wife, I was commenting on how beautiful it was and she thought I was talking about her. OOPS 馃き

Cant wait to shoot it this weekend, I just want to put some big holes in something 馃槑

The last pic is my G19 9mm round comparison to the 50 round
View attachment 70614 View attachment 70615 View attachment 70616
edited
Very nice and somehow i missed this one . Strange I did the exact thing with my s&w .500 magnum . I measured mine against my 9mm's ..They're half the size & 1/2 the girth . These things look like missiles . I'm very happy for you getting yours & kudos to Mr. Shark for sure .. A man with a golden heart truly . Like me , it was a desire to own and also a person choice . Welcome to the big boys club .

In any case enjoy it & use it in good health . Great ! ..Congrats to you . p.s. - I guess we made it to the 50/50 club , of .50 caliber handguns ! (y)

Registered
I know one thing for sure.
If I was a criminal and looked at that barrel pointing at me, He would "NOT" have to shoot because I would drop dead of a heart attack.
Ronnie

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone know where I can shoot this baby in the Orlando area ? I鈥檝e been told I won鈥檛 be allowed to shoot it in an indoor range

Registered
Volusia TopGun in Daytona on Speedway Blvd ( 92)
Indoor range and they actually rent 50 cal. firearms
Ronnie

Registered

The bolded was my first reaction to a SD gun in this caliber. To each his own and best of luck with that beauty. I鈥檇 love to get one some day as a range toy assuming I could ever afford the ammo. And kudos to Roger on gifting such a nice item. Truly a gentleman. (y)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts