Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I recently came across this wonderful forum during a search for carrying while at the Sun N Fun airshow the weekend of April 17th. Google was able to find these forums thanks to the openness of FCC allowing Google to index them.

So a little about myself. I'm a 41 year old single male from rural middle Georgia and currently live in The Burg. I grew up hunting, fishing and all things outdoors. I had the stereotypical (it seemed stereotypical to me at least) gun rack in my bedroom from the age of 10 up (1st firearm 410 gauge break barrel shotgun at age 8) with my own slowly building collection of firearms. Gun racks were a common sight in the rear window of pickup trucks in Georgia as well growing up. My father was a long time advocate of exercising 2A and had consistently carried concealed ( in public) or open carried (hunting,fishing,camping,etc) starting at age 18 back when it was legal age to own a pistol. I didn't fully embrace the practice myself until early last year. The pandemic really woke me up from my complacent safe zone ( or so I thought). I've since been transformed to practicing carrying like I wear my motorcycle gear ( all gear all the time) legal restrictions permitting. I dry fire practice everyday (including holster draws) and do my best to practice situational awareness of my surroundings.

I'm machinist fabricator by trade. I've always enjoyed working with my hands. My brother in contrast is a programmer. He prefers the more cerebral side of things.
I'm still a very outdoorsy guy. I enjoying paddle boarding, skating, running, and cycling ( I just rode my 1st century ride yesterday @ 111.2 miles on the Suncoast Trail) I had moved to Florida back in 2003 for a change, moved back to Georgia in 2006 to help my brother get through his divorce then came back in 2009. I've been here since. I'm at a point now where I'd like to get back to a more rural way of living, but I love my employer and can't imagine leaving them (maybe transfer). What I miss the most is the convenience of access to trails to ride on my dual sport /motorcycles ( I have a Suzuki DR650, Kawasaki Ninja 650 and a shiny new orange Adventure bike) and woods to hunt. I haven't seriously hunted in years, so I'm looking to get back into that focusing on archery and stalking.

I don't think I've divulged too much personal information here, but if a moderator feels otherwise then please inform me. I will edit it to address the issue. When judging the info I asked myself if there's anything here that's not already on my Facebook account.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville

Reactions: BillSh.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Welcome from Tallahasse.

·
Super Moderator
29,473 Posts
Welcome again from Palm Beach County! 🍻

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Welcome from Tampa Bay too! I’m a hobby machinest with a Bridgeport and a Taiwan lathe and some other metal working tools.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Welcome from Tallahassee.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts