Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I chatted with a friend of mine who is a CSI in our local PD and he said since i was in the military, Honorably discharged, that i would not have to take the gun class in order to apply for a permit. I read 760.06, and i see something about military service, but i guess i am not understanding what it is saying. Does Military service take the place of a gun class? Does it matter how long ago the military service was? I did qualify with an M-16, and i remember i was very ticked off that the idiot told me to adjust the sights the wrong way during qualifying and i missed marksman by 1 point :thumbsdwn. It totally ticked me off that they wouldn't let me do it again with me adjusting the sights, but, oh well, at least i know i can hit what i shoot at. :rifle Thanks for all your help.

L. R.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
:drinksWelcome to the forum SuperTrkrE2812 . It's good to have you on this forum. Off the top of my head I think your DD-214 qualifies you on the shooting class :ak.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
:drinksWelcome to the forum SuperTrkrE2812 . It's good to have you on this forum. Off the top of my head I think your DD-214 qualifies you on the shooting class :ak.
+1 :thumsup

·
Registered
974 Posts
Does Military service take the place of a gun class? Does it matter how long ago the military service was?
L. R.
I got mine a little over a month ago. I used my DD214 from '88. There is no time restriction. If you still have a copy of your DD214, you're good to go. You need the passport photo, the notarized application, your fingerprints and I think that was all.

It took me 45 days but I hear that the wait has gone up.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick response to the question. I guess i will have to get to looking through a bunch of papers and see if i can find my DD214. I haven't seen it in years, LOL.
I'm sure i will have a bunch of other questions come up, it is a pleasure to know that i have a bunch of knowledgeable people to ask.

Thanks to all.

L.R.

·
Super Moderator
19,792 Posts
Your DD-214 is sufficient for verification of 'training'. Would be a good idea to sit through someone's class, anyway. There's a gunshow this weekend at the Shrine Temple with classes at 1030 and 1300. Getting your prints done at Clay County Sheriff's office is a breeze, or you can do them at the show (normally).

Welcome aboard!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts