Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this site today. Looks good.
Brief History: Filled out and mailed application when I was home on leave (15JUN08) and noticed they cashed the check today. So I'm guessing it should be at the house by the middle of August. Time doesn't really matter to me because I'll be down range in less than two weeks. But when I come home it'll be nice to know I'm ready for the worst. I'm researching the Crossbreek Supertuck and a Glock 30SF with two spare magazines for carry. Any comments and tips would be helpful.

Vern

·
Registered
64 Posts
welcome to the forum and thank you very much for your service you should be able to get a discount with your military i.d for a glock. the only thing i heard about the new SF models is that The SF magazines work fine in an ordinary Glock, but oridnary Glock magazines might not be ideal for the Glock SF pistols

"In order to utilize older magazines with the G30 SF, the ambidextrous magazine catch will not be offered as an option as it was with the G21 SF."

10 rounds of .45 ACP in a sub compact model sounds sweet to me also heard glocks slimmer frame makes the 45 more controllable in smaller hands and the recoil is still smooooooth like its always been . ammo prices are high so just invest in some good defensive ammo and carry at least 3 mags

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey Vern its good to have you here. Good luck and get back safe. The Glock30sf and Crossbreek supertuck are both excellent choices. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input erodg23. It sounds to me like I would just need to order G21SF magazines. Is there a "spacer" that you can put on the longer magazines to fill the gap like on the XD's?

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
I'm glad you found us Vern. Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service to us all. Anything in Glock is good for me. I have a Glock19 and absolutely love it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Welcome Vern, and thank you for serving.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Welcome Vern. Check with Glock, they may just send you some spacers if you tell them no one locally has any. I got my "finger rests"/magazine extenders for my S&W 40C. No one around here had any so I called S&W an they sent me a couple free of charge.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Welcome:drinks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts