Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Shark, I have the same dueling target, yes it does weigh a ton.
WD40 is your friend for the paddles, or they wont flip over.
Also, don't shoot the legs on it, its a pain to straighten them out, darned grandkids!

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Soooo nobody is gonna say anything about the apparent totally unfair range that is apparently in his backyard? That’s just cruel dude posting pics like that. In fact I think it may be borderline racist in some way and my feelings are very hurt. You should be cancelled.
By god it's white, ex-cop, ex-lawyer privilege!!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My most humble and sincere apologies for this thoughtless display. I am still white, still a lawyer, still an ex-cop. The racist implications of my post with the paddles being yellow is certainly an affront to Asian Americans And I will make a donation to their anti-defamation league, hoping to balance the scales of racial justice.

Old Farmer, Thanks for the tip. I do have some good Lubriplate food grade grease I can slather on before I start using it.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Shark, don't use Lubriplate , all the lead will stick to it from the bullets and get all over your hands ect... Dont ask how I know..
Wd 40 works great or a cheap oil.
I bought my grandsons one for their 22s, the little squirrels can shoot their own steel.

·
Registered
55,588 Posts
I can't remember ever cleaning my plates, and some of them have been shot with thousands of rounds. Not interested in where on the steel it hits, just that I make the hits. The steel ringing is all I need to worry about.

At times, I'll just use a rattle can of white and coat them for a student who just HAS to see where on the plate he's hitting. :eek:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts