Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve seen a lot of threads like this in the past but nothing too recent. I also wanted to get some insight to see if my approach was correct, or if I should consider contacting an attorney or if it’s too early to think about that. I didn’t want to have my application suspended.

Initially when applying I didn’t think my arrest would be an issue since it was just an arrest and never even filed at the DA but after doing research and talking to the DOA division of licensing I ended up getting a copy to submit it. I was never specifically asked to send it, I just did it to be proactive The thing is the copy of the disposition I submitted was scanned and emailed to me and a seal isn’t visible so I’m not sure if they will have an issue with that or suspend my application. I’ve read about other members have their application suspended for lengthy period of time.

Also, another thing I hear mixed things about is the 90 day timeline. Talking to DOA, one of the agents mentioned it is business days. Also, every agent tells me something different. One agent told me it started on 12/11 (which I don’t think is accurate, another said 12/21 and others have said 1/4.

my timeline:
12/11 -submitted online application paid $55
12/21-fingerprint at DOA office and paid $42
1/4 -division of licensing received my application in mailroom (even though application was online and fingerprints were electronic at office)
1/20 -submitted disposition for the previous arrest via email

currently 57 calendar days but only 36 business days

I wanted to get some thoughts from other members who submitted applications with an arrest on their records and what they would advise. Also curious to know how others applications are going right now, I know right now is a very busy time for the

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
My guess is it probably doesn't matter what you send them.
They are mindless robots. (But of the type that doesn't follow instructions.)

If they don't think they need whatever it was you sent them, chances are they will ignore it.
Of course, chances are they will ignore it regardless.

My advice: Sit back. Relax.
They will tell you soon enough if you have legwork to do (finding old court disposition documents, etc...)
Bottom line is still the same: If you are eligible, they MUST issue the license.

Hopefully you won't have to jump through any hoops. Or at least not too many.

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
Right now they are drowning in app's so just chill and wait until they contact you or issue it. They have had an all time record number of app's since june 400,000,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the responses. For anyone interested I will keep this post up to date with my application status. Currently calendar day 63.

I had a friend that applied the same day and they received their license in the mail end of last week.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Calendar day 70: still not approved yet but talking to an agent in live chat they mentioned they are currently still verifying my background check and “everything is processing as it should.” They also mentioned that the disposition I sent in should be enough to clear any information.
Hopefully will get approved soon, it is really hard to go a day without thinking about it.

·
Super Moderator
28,818 Posts
^^^^
Almost goes without say, please keep us informed! :unsure:

·
Registered
2 Posts
New member here and yes I did introduce myself,

Called Pinellas county 2nd week in February and they had no
appointments available and calendar wasn’t out yet for March,
she said to call back in a week and see if March has availability.

I was able to get an appointment at Dept of Agriculture Tampa
Office for March 19, about 45 days out.
I took my class 2 weeks ago and the instructor recommended
Pasco County as a walk in. They don’t do appointments.
I went there in New Port Richey and got there at 8:10 and line was
already 20 people long waiting outside, once they opened the line went fast, luckily most people were there for something else.
I was out of there by 9:30am. Not bad in my opinion.
Should get license in 4-6 weeks but they have to give a response
in 90 days.
I then canceled my appointment at Dept of Agriculture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please give an update once you receive it, if you have a clean record I imagine it wouldn’t be too long. IMO the 90 day timeline is vague, it could mean a lot of things, whatever is most convenient for them.

Good news for me! Checked my online status and was approved today, now just have to wait for it to come in the mail. I’m actually happy with the time it took considering my record, I was beginning to think I’d be waiting until April. Took 78 days to get approved, (counting from 12/22, not sure if that’s the ‘timeline start date’)

12/12 submitted application electronically (payment accepted immediately)
12/21 submitted fingerprints
12/22 fingerprints check deposited
1/4 Received in mail room (even though everything was electronic)
1/20 submitted disposition (email) (day 30)
3/8 Application approved

·
Super Moderator
28,818 Posts
^^^^
Congrats and carry in good health! 🤠

1 - 13 of 13 Posts