Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured THIS is the place to show my new ”little pistol”, Kimber.

After 3 years without a pup, we broke down and found this little guy. 🇺🇸

·
Registered
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. (y)

·
Super Moderator
26,570 Posts
Awww! (y)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Nice, enjoy!

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Cute puppy!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Figured THIS is the place to show my new ”little pistol”, Kimber.

After 3 years without a pup, we broke down and found this little guy. 🇺🇸
Dogs are great!

Is it just me? "Kimber" sounds like a girl's name. :)
WHATEVER YOU DO: Never name two dogs in a row with very similar sounding names.
I've screwed up my current pup "Harley" real good by also calling him "Herbie" until he was about three years old. o_O

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
Nice doggie! Enjoy! We got our first (as a family) last December.

·
Registered
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don’t be hatin‘ on my pup now! He’s a powerful ‘lil guy and he’ll bite yer pinky clean off! :p

“Is it just me? "Kimber" sounds like a girl's name. :)

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Great little dog, they are so cute at that age. It's a small world my dog's name is Kimber also.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Don’t be hatin‘ on my pup now! He’s a powerful ‘lil guy and he’ll bite yer pinky clean off! :p

“Is it just me? "Kimber" sounds like a girl's name. :)
Ah, so the bowtie is a decoy!! :)
Now that I look again, Kimber does have that "attitude stance" thing going...
....'till he licks you to death! Ha!!!

Dogs are wonderful, loyal creatures.
Cat-people don't know what they're missing.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Awesome! Although I'm a cat guy at heart, that's damn cute!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
On AOL tonight, there was an article by some Ph.D. researcher debunking the notion that a dog ages seven years for every one year in human terms.
It turns out the relationship is not linear. (Something I always suspected intuitively, but never gave much deliberate thought to.)

Dogs age much more quickly in their early years (by age 9 months, some breeds can even have offspring).
At about 5 human years, (comparative middle-age for a dog) a dog's aging slows down considerably.

So, the takeaway is that your pup is probably "older" than you think, but you're gaining rapidly by comparison the older the dog gets.

·
Super Moderator
10,586 Posts
On AOL tonight, there was an article by some Ph.D. researcher debunking the notion that a dog ages seven years for every one year in human terms.
It turns out the relationship is not linear. (Something I always suspected intuitively, but never gave much deliberate thought to.)
Also, there's a huge difference between different breeds of dogs. Large dog breeds tend to have shorter lives than small dogs.

·
Registered
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So true. Our Briard only lived until seven. Avg for that breed is 8-10 but he had lymphoma and treatments failed. Even prior to that though, he showed his elder status. He was what they called a “giant” at 137 lbs. normal for a male is about 80 lbs.
Also, there's a huge difference between different breeds of dogs. Large dog breeds tend to have shorter lives than small dogs.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
So true. Our Briard only lived until seven. Avg for that breed is 8-10 but he had lymphoma and treatments failed. Even prior to that though, he showed his elder status. He was what they called a “giant” at 137 lbs. normal for a male is about 80 lbs.
All (3) of my dachshunds lived to be 14-15, and one needed back surgery. (He was my favorite, and I still miss him.)
My current pup (also a dachshund) is well on his way for a nice healthy, fun life too.
They were (are) all AKC short-hair, black & tan mini's (about 14 pounds), male, and not neutered.
I've been told plenty of times that dachshunds will live a little longer if neutered (probably also if spayed), but I prefer my pups to leave this world the way they arrived.
Intact. :)

My current pup, Harley, is a bit of a horn-dog, so the non-neutering thing is more of an issue with him.
Not much more now as a few years ago, though.
And "Harley" turned out to be the perfect name for him. (Assuming "Triple-D" wasn't already taken".)
"Definitely Destructive Dachshund". :)

But he's a good boy and we love him.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
We have six rescues now. Two short haired Chihuahua’s, two long-haired Chihuahua‘s a Terrier and a Plot Hound. The Plot was an anti-coyote terrorism dog after a coyote grabbed our favorite little Chihuahua a couple years back.

When I saw the coyote through the bedroom window later, it started to spook the moment I touched the window. Immediately before I fired the shotgun through the window, I said to myself “how much could a window cost?“ It cost 600 bucks but well worth it!

When someone knocks on the door it sounds like the pound here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts