Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CCW up for renewal next month. Never received renewal letter. Don't think there are many places here in Miami to renew in person.

Anyone expecting renewal letter and not receive?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Have you changed addresses in the 7 years since you obtained it or last renewed?

I moved out of state a few years before mine expired. I did go online and change my mailing address but I never received my renewal at my new address. I don’t know if a glitch in the web or user error.

If I recall correctly you have a brief window after it expires to renew. But, since it’s not valid after expiration I don’t believe you can legally carry on it until rectified. YMMV.

·
Super Moderator
26,630 Posts
As RadTek writes, have you changed addresses? In case you were wondering (my apologies if you already knew, but perhaps others don't) here's what F.S. 790.06(8) says about a change of address and (11)(a) says on the renewal process (ways to renew can be found here):
(8) Within 30 days after the changing of a permanent address, or within 30 days after having a license lost or destroyed, the licensee shall notify the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services of such change. Failure to notify the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services pursuant to the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25.
. . .
(11)(a) At least 90 days before the expiration date of the license, the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services shall mail to each licensee a written notice of the expiration and a renewal form prescribed by the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. The licensee must renew his or her license on or before the expiration date by filing with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services the renewal form containing an affidavit submitted under oath and under penalty of perjury stating that the licensee remains qualified pursuant to the criteria specified in subsections (2) and (3), a color photograph as specified in paragraph (5)(e), and the required renewal fee. Out-of-state residents must also submit a complete set of fingerprints and fingerprint processing fee. The license shall be renewed upon receipt of the completed renewal form, color photograph, appropriate payment of fees, and, if applicable, fingerprints. Additionally, a licensee who fails to file a renewal application on or before its expiration date must renew his or her license by paying a late fee of $15. A license may not be renewed 180 days or more after its expiration date, and such a license is deemed to be permanently expired. A person whose license has been permanently expired may reapply for licensure; however, an application for licensure and fees under subsection (5) must be submitted, and a background investigation shall be conducted pursuant to this section. A person who knowingly files false information under this subsection is subject to criminal prosecution under s. 837.06.
I'm due for renewal again next year and although I updated my address with DOACS as required the day I officially changed my address almost 4 years ago, hopefully I see the renewal notice in the mailbox at my current address before it expires. However, just in case I don't, I've got alarms in my calendar to alert me to renew within 90 days of expiration.

Good luck!

·
Registered
13,342 Posts
Just like drivers registration in this state. It's a crap shoot if you get a renewal notice. Just go online and do it.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
As RadTek writes, have you changed addresses? In case you were wondering (my apologies if you already knew, but perhaps others don't) here's what F.S. 790.06(8) says about a change of address and (11)(a) says on the renewal process (ways to renew can be found here):

I'm due for renewal again next year and although I updated my address with DOACS as required the day I officially changed my address almost 4 years ago, hopefully I see the renewal notice in the mailbox at my current address before it expires. However, just in case I don't, I've got alarms in my calendar to alert me to renew within 90 days of expiration.

Good luck!
Thanks for posting that statute BH. I went to do so and totally tumbled down a rabbit hole getting distracted by something shiny somewhere else.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I renewed in 10min with an appointment . I didn't get the package for the first time maybe, since it's at the DMV or tag office they are probably saving money.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I did change addys, but they def have had my correct address for years.

I've been having difficulty finding out how to do online without that letter.

There don't seem to be any local places to go in person in judging by their map, but believe there is one in Doral that's not shown on the FDAC website.

It is not expired yet.

Thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Good luck!
I did same, yet here I am with no letter.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I did same, yet here I am with no letter.

From what I can tell based on my own experiences and that of others, it’s a not uncommon to find an empty mailbox in this regard. Certainly recent months hasn’t helped.

You could try email or phone for another renewal letter.

If you need another renewal notice sent to you, please contact FDACS at [email protected] or (850) 245-5691.

·
Super Moderator
26,630 Posts
This is the work of our dimocrap AG Commissioner
Could be wrong but I don't think this problem started when she took office. I seem to remember some never receiving a renewal notice when Putnam was head of DOACS, too. Like I said, I could be wrong, though. :unsure:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Wife got no letter. Made appointment at Tax Collector after they reopened, four minutes total.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts