Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok , the mystery bullets are flat bottom - copper Jhp 230 grains , measures .443.5 in diameter. I do not recognize this bullet at all .. I thought just maybe a Marlin in .444 ? Possibly an Old Dan Wesson ?

These had to have gotten mixed in with a very close caliber i needed by mistake Or ? . I know some member will nail this one down quick ..

A .451 is as you know for an Acp handgun . A .44 sp / .44 mag is .429 .. So this is quite a hefty diameter .. I have looked this up for the last hour or so .. Then i decided to swallow my pride and ask the Experts for 'HeellllP' < -- yes on purpose ..

Thanks much guys and gals , I have to get ready for the Wife's arrival late morning tomorrow [ Wed ' ]

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
0.443 is an uncommon diameter, most recently used in the 44-40, also used in the 44-90.

It was also used in a 10.4 mm Italian Revolver (Bodeo).

Could also be used in the Swiss Vetterli M1878 turnbolt rifle, which was chambered in 10.4x38R Rimfire.

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
0.443 is an uncommon diameter, most recently used in the 44-40, also used in the 44-90.

It was also used in a 10.4 mm Italian Revolver (Bodeo).

Could also be used in the Swiss Vetterli M1878 turnbolt rifle, which was chambered in 10.4x38R Rimfire.
Mr. AFJuvat , YOU win the prize !!!! U B DA Reloading MAN ! Thank you Thank you ! On one of my many searches , it did mention a 10.4x38 Rimfire .

That completely threw me , as not being familiar with that particular caliber or the weapon above . I was close , but not playing horse shoes , or Grenade toss :eek:

How the hell i ended up with these oddballs , is anyone's guess .. I just checked that small box of mixed in heads and such .. On a guess i must have around 20 or so .. thankfully not many more ! :rolleyes:

Maybe i could just load up my hand & throw them at someone . You know just like huge heavy buckshot without any powder and run like hell :LOL:

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gunner

Check with Lucas McCain, he may be interested in the bullets. (Warning, obscure rifleman joke)
Thanks for the warning ! The name sounded vaguely familiar . Maybe off of a T.V. Western show of old ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts