Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking to change out the sights on my M&P9. I love the pistol, but the sights bother me (takes too much concentration to aquire sight picture with these). This is not my edc or hd pistol, I use it for range plinking and want to use it for competition/matches in the near future.

I'm leaning towards the XS Big Dot Sights (I know they are designed for SD), 'cause I like the "dot the I" idea....seams I would aquire sight picture a lot quicker (which will be needed for comp). But I have no experience with these sights or anything similar. All I've used/had/have are the standard three dots.

I have "Target Sights" on my Kimber and do not like them at all. So, those are out of the picture for me. I was thinking of just replacing the front with a tridium style sight and black out the rear dots, but IDK about that idea.

So, I'm looking for suggestions for sights from experience. Thank you in advance.

PS: here is a link to the sights I'm looking at buying. (please note that these in the link are for Glock and also not where I will be buying from)

XS Sight Systems

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
I've been looking at the Battle Sight "U" plain black rear and gold bead front that Wilson offers..everyone says thats the fastest aquasition sight picture they've seen, plus it works well in low light. YMMV

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe Dawson Precision has a similar set for non-1911s. Might have to look further into those, thanks.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
TruGlo, in all green, fastest, and by far the best night sights. Three green dots aligned, press trigger.

I have used them on my carry Glock 19, and my IDPA match Gen4 Glock 19, for over 5 years, perfect.

They are so bright in sunlight, looking at the target, they infringe themselves on the target, no normal aiming required. No focus on the sights at close quarters needed.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I just ordered a set of Warren Sevigny competition sights, .245 front for my G34. No fiber optics, all black. I think I'm going to really like them.

Very shortly I'll be putting up for sale a set of tritium night sights by Mepro Lights, Tru Dot. Like new, very bright.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas, but I just ordered the XS Big Dot Sights. I will give them a try and if you guys are interested, I'll do a range report/review. I've been wanting to try these for a while now, so I just went for it.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
I have the XS Small dot on my Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact. I went to them after trying them out on Andy Blaschik's (Owner/Trainer at Tactical Firearms Academy) Beretta 92. He also has them on his M&P.
I sent the gun to their factory to have them install them about 2 years ago. I don't believe They had any designed for the PX4 at that time as it had JUST come out.
I wanted the SMALL DOT because I felt the BIG DOT would cover too much of the target. It took a little while to get use to them and like ALL SIGHTS, I recommend shooting them off a bench rest a few times to get the sight picture. I've found that's a great technique for anyone to check out if it's the "Gun or the Shooter" that's causing that Low/Left grouping.

Have fun and let us know what you think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts