Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
So that makes all those American GIs that brought back weapons and other items they took from the Germans during WWII were keepers of "distasteful" souvenirs from their tour of duty fighting in the War in Europe. Throughout the centuries, soldiers of conquering armies frequently return home from war with weapons taken from their defeated enemies. :unsure:
“don’t just stand there, cut off his ears!” Sorry, wrong war.

My mother was an army nurse and treated wounded GIs during World War II. I have a box somewhere of Nazi memorabilia given to her by patients who were grateful for the care. It’s mostly insignias off headgear and decorations that were taken off dead Nazis.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Going out on a limb...no cell phone?..
Not really going out on a limb ! I have an old flip phone just for road type emergencies . My wife has a fairly new complicated one . I wouldn't attempt to touch that thing & my learning curve died about 20 years ago .. Computers and dying WIFI signals Irritate the Frigging Hell out of me ! :mad: 💻💣 📲 💥🔫

P.S. - Sorry to Mr. Racer for this posting . I am a curio and relic collector with my federal license . Speaking of War Time Rifles , Handguns & Bayonets , I have a Representative collection of at least ( 30 ) pieces of "Many countries" .

My father in law ( now deceased ) was German & Not a citizen when he entered / drafted ? into the Infantry in Ft Bliss Texas. Just imagine killing the people from your own birth country :unsure: Just soldiers like us , But under the Tyranny of a Complete Sadisitic Lunatic , Not Even from Germany.

I Totally understand Mr. Racer88's position .. What's good on here is that Everyone is Entitled to their own opinion . That said , If the Consensus of opinion goes that direction , I Have No Problem Taking It Down at all . No Problem ;)

P.S. - We all have different personalities and opinions . I'm sure that some Do Not like me and that's Fine .. Seeing that I'm Not Engaged to Anyone here , I Do Not Have To Give The Ring Back :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
When Fla gets this type of carry without needing a fishing license and pole, they'll be closer to the freedoms Az. residents have enjoyed for decades. Certainly after we passed the no permit necessary to either conceal or open carry LOL

View attachment 72112
Dang If He Doesn't Favor Me , especially the beard ! A Scary resemblance (y)

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Well, since I was the one to bring it up, I "figgered" it was in response to my comment(s).

And, while I did quote your comment, I could say that my reply was also directed at the thread in general. 🍻
Mr. Racer88 - I had no idea that this would be in contention to this extent . I will agree with you in this one aspect .. I saw pic's online with M1 Carbines used in Korea , to the public . Some had blood still on the stocks ! THAT Turned My Stomach !

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
No worries! Like I said (already), I'm NOT "offended." Not in the least. I just find it creepy. Just me, I guess. Heck... many of my friends and family think guns are creepy, in general. So, there ya go. :eek:
My Wife is # 1 ! . A neighbor across from me , has seen a few rifles and a shotgun in here . I have a feeling they wouldn't own one & are very religious .

Thankfully my few friends are all avid shooters and collectors . Just thinking now , How many Volkswagens have been sold in the U.S.A . Same Same To Me ;)

·
Registered
21,082 Posts
No worries! Like I said (already), I'm NOT "offended." Not in the least. I just find it creepy. Just me, I guess. Heck... many of my friends and family think guns are creepy, in general. So, there ya go. :eek:
ask me how i feel about sticking my hands in people's mouths....

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
This Item is Nothing more than a Police Dress Bayonet , Not Sharpened or Used in any war .. I know this Still represents an 'Entire Countries Philosophical
Ideation' to you . It seems that this will Always be the case with these things .
I too see nothing wrong. Actually I am anxiously waiting for the photo as it sounds similar to something my dad brought back.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
My only concern buying something considered collectible/rare is ROI over the purchase price after several years. Some things that are collectible aren't worth collecting where ROI is concerned [ when other collectibles bring better yearly ROI ].
Mr.Brownie - Please educate me as to what ROI Means . I have Always been a Buyer and Not a Seller , Thank You ;)

P.S. - If This is What I'm Going To Encounter . I'll hang this whole mess up now !

·
Registered
21,082 Posts
Mr.Brownie - Please educate me as to what ROI Means . I have Always been a Buyer and Not a Seller , Thank You ;)

P.S. - If This is What I'm Going To Encounter . I'll hang this whole mess up now !
return on investment...some collect to collect...some collect to profit...

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Question, not meant to offend Racer but would anyone consider a souvenir, good condition Wehrmacht Luger creepy? :unsure:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
16,899 Posts
Must be a slow Saturday. A simple announcement turned into a philosophical ‘discussion’. I probably helped it along.
But if not for nothing else other than the pics I’m still interested in seeing the article of…

·
Registered
55,434 Posts
Need a better wardrobe coordinator. A black holster and belt would match better. Those clash too much😂
Learned a long time ago, one can please some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time. Now after 50 years of carrying a sidearm, I'm not interested in pleasing anybody at any time.

Do black holsters allow one to draw the gun any faster? Shoot any more accurately? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
21 - 40 of 59 Posts