Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*Updated now - This posting will stay open and valid .

I'm waiting for my new camera to arrive shortly .. I will then take pic's & list the price at the appropriate place for selling it .. Patience is not one of my virtues [ lol ] thanks 'Gunner'

·
Registered
21,082 Posts
Going out on a limb...no cell phone?..

·
Registered
16,899 Posts
Am I the only one who finds the trade of Nazi "memorabilia" distasteful?
Good. One less person interested in it. 😎
It’s history. Is it distasteful to you for people to collect Confederate items? To me it’s no different than owning a Roman artifact or anything else from questionable historical societies.
Shouldn’t it be like guns? Not the item but the owner who wielded it for good or bad?

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Am I the only one who finds the trade of Nazi "memorabilia" distasteful?
Doc;I agree totally. All that Nazi crap should be melted down.

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
You're comparing Nazis to Romans or even Confederates? Really? Alrighty, then.
A problem understanding nuanced (but not much) ideas.

·
Registered
16,899 Posts
You're comparing Nazis to Romans or even Confederates? Really? Alrighty, then.
While the Nazis murdered millions and are seen in recent history as demons the Romans also marched on many civilizations and murdered an uncountable number. Confederates are to some seen as traitors and everything about them and their cause should be erased while others still worship the ground and things they owned. It was a simple comparison to show that it’s not the item but the owner.
Heck how many millions did Christians murder during the crusades centuries ago?
Thread is about a simple knife. Ok so you find it distasteful. Others don’t. And that doesn’t mean they worship or envy the Nazi regime.

·
Registered
21,082 Posts
That does it, I’m not bidding on Al Capone’s 1911.
bingo...

all this talk about not erasing history and we're melting down nazi stuff because "it" offends us...read it several times if necessary...

it is rare and many people find it intriguing enough to collect...purchasing it does nothing to support the nazi party or assist in their efforts...if someone wants to collect monkey sh11t or criminal owned 1911's it's their own business...that whole "freedom" thing that keeps rearing its ugly head when it's convenient...

·
Registered
55,434 Posts
My only concern buying something considered collectible/rare is ROI over the purchase price after several years. Some things that are collectible aren't worth collecting where ROI is concerned [ when other collectibles bring better yearly ROI ].

·
Registered
21,082 Posts
To be clear, I have not advocated "melting down nazi stuff."

If people want it, knock yerselves out, as they say.

I'm not "offended." Not at all. I said that I find it distasteful. There's a BIG difference.

It would give me the "Willies" holding a weapon that may have been actually used to accomplish genocide and one of the most evil acts in human history.

I remain quite consistent in my commitment to Freedom. Freedom means allowing even those you disagree with to express themselves. I don't have to like it.

And, when it comes to weapons actually used in genocide... yeah... Yuck. I don't want anything to do with it.

But, I would never suggest, "You can't have that, because I don't like it."

I haven't. And, I won't.
to be clear, i dont see where your reply is directed to me instead of the thread in general, as there is nothing in my post that directs it toward you...even per your reply...

·
Registered
55,434 Posts
When Fla gets this type of carry without needing a fishing license and pole, they'll be closer to the freedoms Az. residents have enjoyed for decades. Certainly after we passed the no permit necessary to either conceal or open carry LOL

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
16,899 Posts
To be clear, I have not advocated "melting down nazi stuff."

If people want it, knock yerselves out, as they say.

I'm not "offended." Not at all. I said that I find it distasteful. There's a BIG difference.

It would give me the "Willies" holding a weapon that may have been actually used to accomplish genocide and one of the most evil acts in human history.

I remain quite consistent in my commitment to Freedom. Freedom means allowing even those you disagree with to express themselves. I don't have to like it.

And, when it comes to weapons actually used in genocide... yeah... Yuck. I don't want anything to do with it.

But, I would never suggest, "You can't have that, because I don't like it."

I haven't. And, I won't.

I think we both agree. However I would point out that it’s doubtful the knife in question was involved in any genocide? Most Nazi/German guns weren’t either.
I brought up other societies because some have committed similar atrocities. And I also brought up the Christians of which one I am mentioning their past. Would it give you the ‘willies’ to hold a 500yr old cross? Now if we were talking about Dr Mengele’s personal medical bag than yes it would give me the willies. But a Nazi knife no.

·
Registered
16,899 Posts
When Fla gets this type of carry without needing a fishing license and pole, they'll be closer to the freedoms Az. residents have enjoyed for decades. Certainly after we passed the no permit necessary to either conceal or open carry LOL

View attachment 72112
Need a better wardrobe coordinator. A black holster and belt would match better. Those clash too much😂

·
Super Moderator
30,165 Posts
So that makes all those American GIs that brought back weapons and other items they took from the Germans during WWII were keepers of "distasteful" souvenirs from their tour of duty fighting in the War in Europe. Throughout the centuries, soldiers of conquering armies frequently return home from war with weapons taken from their defeated enemies. :unsure:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts