Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Glock 17 Gen 5 on order and since I currently don't own a 9mm, I have NO ammo for it when it gets to me on Thursday. I went to Ammoseek and found a place in South Florida called Alchemist Ammunition that had National Police Ammo 115 grain HELO Defense: Solid Copper Hollow Point, outperforms all HST and bonded bullets. I bought 250 rounds for $238 shipped, ouch. But the only other I could find was to buy 500 rounds of FMJ that are reloads for $360 shipped. Bit the bullet so to speak and ordered the NPA.

Does anyone have any experience with these at all?

·
Super Moderator
28,818 Posts
No experience form me, sorry!

Reactions: guitargain

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
No experience either. I see that mass ammo listed on their website once in a while. It looks like it would be decent self-defense ammunition.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay little update. I finally got the ammo. When I ordered the ammo the website says due to lots of orders it would take 7-10 days for it to ship. It took a little over two weeks to get it.

I haven't had a chance to shoot any of it yet. I did however load it into my 5 Glock 17 mags, and I gotta say it's either fairly dirty, or the black oxide they coat the bullet with sloughs off. My hand had quite a bit of black on it after loading the mags. will update again when I shoot some of it.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Any port in a storm, eh?
Very true
I am looking for
some .38Spec. (100rnds.) to buy or do some sort of trade for 9mm.
I have lots of 9mm. bought at 18-20cents/rnd.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've run some of their stuff. It works and works well. I wouldn't worry. Plus they're a Florida business and it's always good to support local when possible.
Yessir, I have kept looking on the website and they are still out of stock, will probably buy more when it's back in stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts