Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the Holiday Season.....

Until further notice we are offering NFA Trusts for only $250.

This may be the easiest way to purchase NFA weapons and related items. A corporation or LLC is fine, but there is a yearly fee to maintain the entity.

This can all be done by e-mail and Federal Express. No need to ever visit our office.

An NFA Trust is not a recorded instrument.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Doesn't seem like a bad deal but you may end up explaining what an NFA trust is to some of the new to firearms folks. Just a thought :thumsup

·
Registered
491 Posts
Doesn't seem like a bad deal but you may end up explaining what an NFA trust is to some of the new to firearms folks. Just a thought :thumsup
Ya I have no idea what that is or what you can do with one! I'm off to google.

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
This is an NFA Trust ... :D

http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2008/10/nfa-trust.html

NFA Trust
October 29, 2008
Posted In: FAQ's , How to Purchase a NFA Title II (Class 3) Firearm

By David M. Goldman on October 29, 2008 1:41 PM | Permalink

Many people ask what is a NFA Trust and how is it different from a living trust or revocable living trust. A NFA trust is a trust document that has been customized to deal with the specific legal issues surrounding the transfer, possession, and use of firearms that are restricted by the National Firearms Act. These items include silencers, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, machine guns, AOW's and destructive devices. Many people do not know that in most states it is legal to own some or all class III firearms.

There are many types of revocable trusts. We work with lawyers in over 30 states to provide the best protection for your family and friends though a NFA Firearms Trust. Each trust is customized to deal with the unique issues of ownership and possession that are required for ownership in your state. An interview process is necessary to determine who must be included in the trust, or how to make changes not to include those people. In addition, it is important to determine the best way to allow others access to the weapons if you choose.

When creating a trust for NFA items, it is important to make sure the trust is valid, you understand how to use the trust and what the trust does, how to make a purchase that does not create a technical violation of the NFA as well as how to avoid the common violations including constructive possession and transfer. Many people believe that it is OK to let someone else use your Class 3 weapon if you are present. A careful reading of the NFA show that the word transfer includes this type of action and thus is prohibited under the NFA.

In addition, when you fill out your Form 4 it is important to fill out the Form 4 correctly. To download a sample Form 4 with instructions on what information needs to be filled out see our ATF Form 4 instruction page.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm still a little confused after reading tampassgt's post.

So if I do not have class III firearms or items, then i do not need a trust.?.?

What would/could a NFA trust do for me?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm still a little confused after reading tampassgt's post.

So if I do not have class III firearms or items, then i do not need a trust.?.?

What would/could a NFA trust do for me?
Correct. If you ever want a class III firearm or a supressor then you will need a trust. That post was self explanitory, but if it wasn't I hope this clarified it for you.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Correct. If you ever want a class III firearm or a supressor then you will need a trust. That post was self explanitory, but if it wasn't I hope this clarified it for you.
Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't have any of those toys yet, but I was told the new Sheriff here (Escambia County) signs off on those items without any fuss as long as you are legal. If that's the case then I don't need the trust necessarily, is that correct?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Yes that is correct if you have a local LEO that will sign off for you, you are good to go. Now some one like me that lives down here in Broward i highly doubt it if a local LEO would sign off for a NFA item so i would have to get a trust.
I was in a raffle for a Thompson sub machine gun and was looking into this stuff, thats a great deal on a trust. I did not win the raffle. :cry

·
Registered
385 Posts

This may be the easiest way to purchase NFA weapons and related items. A corporation or LLC is fine, but there is a yearly fee to maintain the entity.

This can all be done by e-mail and Federal Express. No need to ever visit our office.

Hah. Just saw this. It's not still available is it? :)

·
Banned
4,425 Posts
Hah. Just saw this. It's not still available is it? :)
I haven't done it but I have heard of many people doing just that. I would PM Mr. Buckley

·
Banned
8,392 Posts
What are the yearly costs?

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
What are the yearly costs?
This is a one-time thing. Patrick will provide you with NFA specific trust documents. The only changes/updates that might ordinarily be needed is an updated schedule of items, which the trustee can do himself. No ongoing attention needed by an attorney.

·
Banned
8,392 Posts
Oh with a corp or LLC you have to pay yearly

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Oh with a corp or LLC you have to pay yearly
Yep, plus annual meeting w/minutes, annual fees to the state, public disclosure of officers, etc. etc. etc.

Now you see why so many people like trusts. They are not a recorded document with the government. (Other than having to send a copy to ATF) And can be changed at will.

·
Banned
8,392 Posts
So what is the process 200 to form the trust then 200 to the atf for the stamp then you can purchase a can or whatever?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Form the trust, buy class 3 item, send forms to nfa branch with $200, sit and wait while your class 3 item is processed by nfa branch, collect class 3 item from dealer when stamp is approved.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts