1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
Got a sales bulletin from Natchezss.com:
Remington Range Handgun Ammunition 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ 1145 fps 500/ct Case
Product Number: RT28564CMfg Part #: 28564CASE
$139.99 or $13.999 per box or $0.28 per round. Free shipping available.

Geoff
Who has spent his ammo money and gun money for the year, 2024 I think.

· Registered
16,548 Posts
I'm seeing ammo prices creep down again. That's good! One problem with this deal is Remington's reputation with ammo. No bueno from everything I've ever read. Other, better ammo is at about 29.5 cents / rd now. When it hits 20 cents, I'll be "all in." Until then.... I'll just buy what I need to keep shooting.

Reactions: BeerHunter

· Registered
2,119 Posts
I wouldn’t worry about Remington’s reputation. New owners, new management, should be of same quality as Federal, Speer, and CCI.

· Registered
16,548 Posts
New owners, new management, should be of same quality as Federal, Speer, and CCI.
How do you figure?

I'll wait for positive reviews of Remington ammo (I've never seen one) before saving $5 / case by buying it.

Reactions: LabGuy

· Registered
16,548 Posts
Interesting. The same merchant, NatchezSS, has CCI Blazer Brass 124-gr FMJ at 41 cents / round. o_O

Target Sports USA has the exact same ammo at 30 cents / round. Well... out of stock at the moment. But I got it from them last week at the same 30 cents / round.

That's a difference of 11 cents / round, which can add up. It really does "pay" to shop around a bit. Fortunately, it's pretty easy to do online. Though, I tend to stick to a small group of trusted merchants.

Reactions: Skeptic 9094

· Registered
2,119 Posts
How do you figure?

I'll wait for positive reviews of Remington ammo (I've never seen one) before saving $5 / case by buying it.
I think what we will see for a while is lack of bad reviews. Vista Outdoors didn’t just turn on the power and rehire all the old employees. They brought in experts from Federal and reworked each process and trained employees. Maybe not worth a $5 gamble for 1000 bad rounds, but I’m not scared to buy a few boxes. I have read nothing bad since re-opening.

· Registered
16,548 Posts
I think what we will see for a while is lack of bad reviews. Vista Outdoors didn’t just turn on the power and rehire all the old employees. They brought in experts from Federal and reworked each process and trained employees. Maybe not worth a $5 gamble for 1000 bad rounds, but I’m not scared to buy a few boxes. I have read nothing bad since re-opening.
Let us know! :)

For me, they'd have to be a LOT cheaper until they regain a good reputation. For now, there are other brands that are KNOWN to be good for about the same price. No-brainer.

IMO, they'd have to offer them at crazy-low prices to bring customers back. They've had a bad rep for a LONG time. Saying, "We're good now..." for the same price as everyone else... isn't going to do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts