Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I am proud to say my wife and business partner surprised me w/ a Colt Combat Commander, in .38 Super. It is a Series 80, Mark IV, and I cannot wait to get it to the range!!!:dancingbanana

It is rather plain and has some wear. I am not surprised, since I pulled about a pound of sand out of it. I was amazed to find the trigger bow still black though it was coated with beach sand. LOL.

It will probably get a sight change, in the near future, depending upon how it shoots.

If anyone has any experiance or thoughts, please let me know. It is my first .38 Super... I have bugged the crap outta my brother (he's an UBER-Geek when it comes to guns) but I like to hear other thoughts as well.

Happy New Year to all.

:drinks

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
Very nice!!! :thumsup
Let me know how it shoots--I just got a 1911, too. Posting pic shortly.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I am proud to say my wife and business partner surprised me w/ a Colt Combat Commander, in .38 Super. It is a Series 80, Mark IV, and I cannot wait to get it to the range!!!:dancingbanana

It is rather plain and has some wear. I am not surprised, since I pulled about a pound of sand out of it. I was amazed to find the trigger bow still black though it was coated with beach sand. LOL.

It will probably get a sight change, in the near future, depending upon how it shoots.

If anyone has any experiance or thoughts, please let me know. It is my first .38 Super... I have bugged the crap outta my brother (he's an UBER-Geek when it comes to guns) but I like to hear other thoughts as well.

Happy New Year to all.

Congrats on new pistol and obviously a super wife and business partner!

·
Super Moderator
19,792 Posts
Neat gift, Dave. Haven't seen a .38 super Colt in a lonnnng time.

Enjoy! :thumsup

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Your a Lucky Man !

I did some IPSC shooting back in the day. with a Springfield Armory 1911. Nice Round, great for knocking down them steel plates. The 38 Super has a distinctive sound when fired. Super easy to reload. I used my own reloads 125 grain lead round nose, Winchester 231 or Bullseye powder, Winchester small pistol primers. Since my gun was used for IPSC, I never shot factory loads from it.

Enjoy the gun, Its a beauty :thumsup

·
Registered
514 Posts
Nice! let us know how it shoots

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How it shoots

Well,
I got to the range on Sat and was stoked to shoot the thing. I loaded it up and took aim... click!
Click!
Click!

It wouldn't go bang!:mad:

So I tried different ammo... NOTHING!

When I get home, I strip it and it appeared that someone put in one of the wonderful series 80 things UPSIDE DOWN.

:smack

I pulled a bullet and powder out of one of the rounds and test fired it in a safe area... POP!

So now, I have to wait until this weekend to put steel out... hopefully on target. LOL. :ak

The saga shall be continued........

·
Super Moderator
19,792 Posts
Well,
I got to the range on Sat and was stoked to shoot the thing. I loaded it up and took aim... click!
Click!
Click!

It wouldn't go bang!:mad:

So I tried different ammo... NOTHING!

When I get home, I strip it and it appeared that someone put in one of the wonderful series 80 things UPSIDE DOWN.

:smack

I pulled a bullet and powder out of one of the rounds and test fired it in a safe area... POP!

So now, I have to wait until this weekend to put steel out... hopefully on target. LOL.

The saga shall be continued........
Wow. Sorry to hear that, Dave. Hopefully, the next time will go well!

On a happier note, the Hi-Powers are perking right along. :drinks

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scott

Hey Scott,

Thanks!

BTW: your rig for the HP will be ready for p/u on Friday. If you can't make it until Sat, I will meet w/ you somewhere.
I think you will like it!

·
Super Moderator
19,792 Posts
WooHoo! \Scott Does Happy Dance!\ :dancingbanana

Be interesting to see how you worked the CCW Badge into the design. :rolf :laughing

Friday shouldn't be a problem. I'll give you a shout later in the week. Heck, if I don't drop a couple of pounds...you'll be making me some belts, too!

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts