Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I passed! :) From what I could tell, all the class did. The class was actually a tad larger than I had expected (maybe 20-25 people).

We had to bring a rifle and a pistol. I brought my RPR and my EDC (my P365, which I hadn't shot yet).

They had us do the same thing for both weapons. We had to start with the weapons unloaded (no mags). We then had to load one full mag and "make the weapon ready." Then we had to "unload" and show clear. Then we had to load the full mags again and "make ready." Then we could aim and shoot 5 rounds.

The P365 worked just fine with my SD load (Federal "Hydrashok" 9mm JHPs). However, because I had brought my RPR with a bolt action (most people brought their ARs), they didn't let me shoot it during the class. They wanted me to conserve the ammo (it being expensive). So I just "went through the motions." They said I could take it back on the range when I finished the class, but they took way too long to sign everyone up for memberships (each one had to go in one at a time). I had to go.

But I'll be back. I'm a "precision member" now and I'll have access to their 1000-2000yd ranges when I'm ready. It'll probably be a while before I get there, but I have it accessible. They're offering a "long range 101" course in Mid-August. I'll probably take that. But I might get there once before that to test fire my "inventory" and maybe zero the RPR. We'll see/

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You carried an “EDC“ that you hadn't shot yet?
Yes. I figured you'd catch that. :) But, prior to this, I've have very limited opportunities to go shoot anywhere since I'm without a vehicle. In this particular case, I have a rental for the weekend. And I'll probably have to get a rental each time I go to JTAC and factor that into the expense. I can't transport my long rifles in an Uber (they don't allow any weapons in the car). Besides, renting a car for a day or two is cheaper than it would cost for an Uber ride. There is an outdoor range that's closer than JTAC and in my county, where I could take an Uber, if all I were carrying were pistols in my back pack, but I'd probably have to have them drop me off close to but not right at the range entrance, as they'll know I'm carrying something if I'm going there.

On my next trip, I'll be test firing all my other inventory so that "issue" will be resolved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts