Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just dug this one out and put it back together , as It's actually [ 2 ] pieces . This one took me quite a while , after i decided how to go about building it and portraying it . This one was actually dedicated to my transfer outfit , the 25th Division Mech' Inf' in '67

The reason being , it was where I received my Purple hearts. That is displayed on a hand ground & polished Lapis Lazuli tombstone shape with emblem . The brass guard was fashioned by me , twisted and hammer peened from bar stock . The Pommel is solid brass & formed. The leather handle under is wrapped in leather with a fine wire brass as well . The insignia there is the U.S.Army pin .

The all leather sheath was made by fashioning the hand made wooden scabbard first & then covering with heavy leather , naturally wrapped and shaped on top of it . The sword holders on either end were made of nickel silver & hammer peened also ..

In the very center of the display rack , is a black engraved piece & it looked good against the burgundy velour material . You might say this undertaking was really a labor of love.I say this due to the fact it took me months to complete the many facets of this project .

I Hope all the pic's I took upload ok , and this time downsized them all to fit hopefully . It was difficult for me to take the pictures , as the sword is so long .

In closing the only thing I didn't make was the blade itself . Everything else was accomplished by me & custom made to exemplify the Commemorative Spirit . " G "

Wood Flooring Art Rectangle Bag
Wood Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Folk instrument Bag
Product Textile Sleeve Yellow Rectangle
Wood Rectangle Hardwood Flooring Strap
Wood Musical instrument Automotive exterior Bumper Shotgun
Wood Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Folk instrument Hardwood

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice commemorative sir
[/QUOTE
Thank you Mr. Brownie , I tried & one thing is to put into words , this took me some time to think it out , with my many thoughts & then produce this (y) 🇺🇸

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
each of us keeps our memories in different ways. You sir have captured your memories in a special way to display, honor and share as opportunities become appropriate. very nice!
Thank You as well my friend , as I wanted it to portray , display , my thoughts , feelings and honor ! (y) 🇺🇸🇺🇸 'G'

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Beautiful work.
Thank You as well Sir ! It was years before this whole thing came to me . I have said in the past , I firmly believe there was another higher entity guiding the whole creative process . That or I was just blessed with this unique and special ability .

I think we All are Blessed , in certain ways . It started with a piece of Pine , a nice solid walnut plank , some leather cowhide , some knife metal supplies and on it went . My Best (y)(y)🇺🇸

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank You Mr. Rick & much appreciated ! I just went with the spirit(y)(y) 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just dug this one out and put it back together , as It's actually [ 2 ] pieces . This one took me quite a while , after i decided how to go about building it and portraying it . This one was actually dedicated to my transfer outfit , the 25th Division Mech' Inf' in '67

The reason being , it was where I received my Purple hearts. That is displayed on a hand ground & polished Lapis Lazuli tombstone shape with emblem . The brass guard was fashioned by me , twisted and hammer peened from bar stock . The Pommel is solid brass & formed. The leather handle under is wrapped in leather with a fine wire brass as well . The insignia there is the U.S.Army pin .

The all leather sheath was made by fashioning the hand made wooden scabbard first & then covering with heavy leather , naturally wrapped and shaped on top of it . The sword holders on either end were made of nickel silver & hammer peened also ..

In the very center of the display rack , is a black engraved piece & it looked good against the burgundy velour material . You might say this undertaking was really a labor of love.I say this due to the fact it took me months to complete the many facets of this project .

I Hope all the pic's I took upload ok , and this time downsized them all to fit hopefully . It was difficult for me to take the pictures , as the sword is so long .

In closing the only thing I didn't make was the blade itself . Everything else was accomplished by me & custom made to exemplify the Commemorative Spirit . " G "

View attachment 76226 View attachment 76227 View attachment 76228 View attachment 76229 View attachment 76230 View attachment 76231
Thank You all gentleman for you kind reaction(s) to my Nam Sword ! 'G'

1 - 12 of 12 Posts