Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was an awsome day,But then again any day you buy a new gun is an awsome one, Ah what made it better was i got to spend some time with one of our members time well worth it if you ever get to meet swamprat you will find he is a pleasure to talk With and a wealth of information . I gave Swamprat a call last night as most of you know i was looking for a glock but remembered,

i like the grip on the XD better so i ask if he knew of any good places he had found one for me so when i ask if he could call and ask them to hold it he had told me he already did lol this place was awsome tons of guns man this was like a gun owners Toys r us wow still haven't gotten over it.

Swamprat i must say was an honor to get to spend some time with you and look forward to the next time. I believe this is thier website.

http://www.planetdeland.com/aaapawn/index.htm

Attachments

· Registered
1,179 Posts
Orlando,

Congratulations ! I like you were going to get the Glock, but the grip on these are great.

· Registered
3,224 Posts
Awwww. man, I did have a great time..OD even bought me breakfast..I think we spent about 5 hours doing nothing but jacking our jaws and showing off our toys..Its always fun to put faces with names. Had a fun day OD, thanks for coming up and sharing some time. Looking forward to the next time we get together..:drinks..Maybe we'll get to put some rounds down range next time out..BTW, I really like that little compact XD, whats really neat is the 16 round mag with the extension.

· Administrator
3,947 Posts
Man that's sweet. I guess you were too excited to answer my call today. Congrats and I think you have just found a new addiction :rolf

· Super Moderator
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea nk i was talking with swamprat just as we were leaving the gun shop and noticed the missed call didn't even hear the phone ring . im still trying to figure out this phone.lol need to find a 12 step program for this addiction. lol

· Super Moderator
19,788 Posts
yea nk i was talking with swamprat just as we were leaving the gun shop and noticed the missed call didn't even hear the phone ring . im still trying to figure out this phone.lol need to find a 12 step program for this addiction. lol
Gotta flash for ya, OD.....There ain't one! :D

Congrats on the new weapon.

· Super Moderator
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess this in one addiction i don't want to quit I quit smoking and haven't had a beer thats where i draw the line lol.:laughing I guess my wife regrets the day she told me to get a hobby.

· Registered
3,224 Posts
I guess this in one addiction i don't want to quit I quit smoking and haven't had a beer thats where i draw the line lol.:laughing I guess my wife regrets the day she told me to get a hobby.
Funny you say that..as we shot the bull in the parking lot, there is "Gators Dockside" 50yds away in the same shopping center..SportsBar, pretty girls, good food, COLD BEER..can't believe I let that opportunity get away:rolf

· Registered
373 Posts
Today was an awsome day,But then again any day you buy a new gun is an awsome one, Ah what made it better was i got to spend some time with one of our members time well worth it if you ever get to meet swamprat you will find he is a pleasure to talk With and a wealth of information . I gave Swamprat a call last night as most of you know i was looking for a glock but remembered,

i like the grip on the XD better so i ask if he knew of any good places he had found one for me so when i ask if he could call and ask them to hold it he had told me he already did lol this place was awsome tons of guns man this was like a gun owners Toys r us wow still haven't gotten over it.

Swamprat i must say was an honor to get to spend some time with you and look forward to the next time. I believe this is thier website.

http://www.planetdeland.com/aaapawn/index.htm
I tell you what I really like the XD. Different gun forums you go to have nothing but good things to say about them. Even on fourms that cater to specific brands.

I had the pleasure of firing the sub compact XD at the range a few weeks ago (Behind P.G.T for those who live near me).

Had I not purchased the G27 before hand I certainly would have gone with the XD.

The grip fit my hands perfectly. I shot very accurately for being so new. I thought the engineering of the safety was interesting. I never priced one out though. How do the sub-compact XD (new) compare to G27?

Congrats though on your purchase!

· Registered
578 Posts
XD is a fine line of Handguns, I have two XD9c XD40 service mod.

But I'm just a glock man at hart
My G23 is my EDC of choice.

· Banned
11,156 Posts
If you like it now, you'll love it later. The XD's grow on you. Enjoy.

· Registered
153 Posts
Its a Glock 22. I have a holster stitched onto the belt of that hunting pack, the rifle gets stowed in the pack on my back so I want to have quick access to something that goes bang. I think the XD will take over that duty though

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.