Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Congrats on the new delivery..got one of those myself awhile back..Now comes the fun part. The stock is the first thing, then the flashlight mount and light, sling if you want one, fore grips if you want one..Those things can be addictive. A few hundred rounds of #00 buck and some slugs you'll be good to go. Excellent home defense weapon.

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks swamprat any advise on ammo i'm new to shotguns and willing to accept any and all advice thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Congratulations OrlandoDriver! That should give you a robust response to any threats around your home. :D

SwampRat, how do you like that grip? I read mixed reviews of a shotgun in that configuration, but I have no first hand experience with a pistol grip on a shotgun. I'm more of a traditionalist i guess.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Not a big fan of pistol grips unless its used for breaching, otherwise put a stock on it. They are hard to control with pistol grip only but they are easily concealed if needed and do make excellent truck guns in that configuration or in tight quarters defense of a small house etc..Not alot of fun to shoot but depending on use or intent they are effective. That's exactly the way I purchased mine..

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Thanks swamprat any advise on ammo i'm new to shotguns and willing to accept any and all advice thanks
Remington Express OO buck
Winchester Ranger low recoil OO buck
Federal low recoil Tru-Ball slugs

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Sweet Mossberg OrlandoDriver :thumsup. I think I'm going to go broke buying guns. I'm officially addicted. :rolf

·
Registered
480 Posts
Congrats on the new shotty. :thumsup

I picked up a 500 Tactical a couple of weeks ago.

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JT they had one like that one at shoot straight for $349.00 i decided to get the one i have cause i already knew what stock i wanted so i figured i just get this one and build it up,But i was tempted to get that one but i figured be nice to dress it up the way i wanted. I'll be posting pics when stock comes in.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Very nice! I have my old, and I mean old, Stevens 12 gauge pump. I shortened the stock and added a recoil pad, and shortened the barrel. All within legal limits. Now all I want is an XS sight for the front. Kind of old school but it does the job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts