Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got out this Tribute knife I made about 20 years ago or so . This was my 1st edition for my immediate family . I had made [ 2 ] additional for family members . Ok some info' on the make up of it :

The blade is a razor sharp Buck about 6+ inches in length with a gold filled in blood groove . The handle came from an Elk that was harvested by another Nam Vet I met in the War Trauma Project , Augusta Ga ['92 ] .

The attached metals on the sheath front were bought from a Vet's website . The Sheath itself is like a natural rough buck suede , hand stitched with artificial sinew . The back of the sheath I stamped in the letters shown .

On the handle front is a metal replica of my M60 M.G. I opted to coat everything on the handle with epoxy and the very top [ not shown ] is a Red POW metal I recessed in as a pommel . That picture came out too blurry to make it out .

I can say with certainty these do not exist anywhere , except for mine & the other [ 2 ] I made . They are fully functional and have been stored with K Bars and assorted other personal hunting , fishing and self defense tactical knives and bayonets (y)馃嚭馃嚥
Font Rectangle Recreation Art Fashion accessory
Tool Knife Everyday carry Blade Animal product
Knife Blade Tool Font Wood

Registered
That鈥檚 awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
Very nice work, Gunner! 馃憤馃憤

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

Registered
Absolutely beautiful

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice job, Gunner.
Thank You Mr. Old Farmer , I appreciate your positive input ! It can be difficult at times to Think what you want to convey , & Then Be able to fulfill those exact sentiments into a viable visible form (y)馃嚭馃嚥 Any artistry IMO is truly a gift;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice. (y)
Thank You also Sir ! When I attempt to do speciality items , it is Not me guiding my thoughts and outcomes . I truly believe that I have been given certain abilities to convey and express my thoughts in this way .

I'm not a religious person per se , but I do know I had No prior training & some Entity has been influencing my work . I do believe we All have a Special gift my friend .

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice work, Gunner! 馃憤馃憤
Thank You Sir ! I know that I can be a bit complex at times , but every once in a while I am reminded that I should share some of my heartfelt work that I have been blessed with .

Now some may think this is Talent and something that I was taught . In the past I have received a power to create & Not by My Hand at all .

Many may think that I'm really 'Off the Rails' , I have no other explanation to convey how I even go about starting to create things out of nowhere it seems :unsure:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Beautiful work Charlie with a beautiful message.
Thank You Roger for your kind words ! At times I feel that I have this ability to get my thoughts across , through a weird sort of a guidance and not of my own . As you had written the word "Message" , that lit me up Immediately .

You actually showed me the Clarity of exactly what i was trying to accomplish . I guess this Commemorative knife was just a symbol to convey exactly that .

I'm not that smart to just grab parts and pieces , not even knowing how I'm able to get to an end product , Especially with the Aforementioned "Message " .

That was My Latent thought I Guess , but I didn't recognize that some [ 20 ] years ago . Now I see that it was Always about Unity , Compassion , Brother & Sister hood , Patriotism , Pride , Intestinal Fortitude , Pain and Suffering 馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫

Reactions: Rick McC.

Registered
That's a great family heirloom right there Charlie; something that any veteran would proud to be the custodian of鈥︷煒

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Beautiful knife/sheath Gunner!
Thank You Mr. Marlinluvr - I'm glad the you took the time to read the Info' and also your high opinion as stated . I had no idea in the world that this would be accepted so readily & favorably as well . Your words mean a lot to me ;) (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's a great family heirloom right there Charlie; something that any veteran would proud to be the custodian of鈥︷煒
Thank You Rick ! That is a very nice reply and what my original intent was for . You used the word * 'Custodian' , which is the exact way that I believe .

Do we really Own , or Rather your *chosen word . Yes as we do not live forever , things of this nature should be passed down in perpetuity , no matter who (y)馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That鈥檚 awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr. Caleb - As with all others I wanted to Thank You for your gracious input ! I will readily admit that this much response was not expected at all .

I posted this only to 'Share' with the members , as i thought it would be nice that someone did a Tribute of their own . You members on here are 'Quite Something Special' (y)馃嚭馃嚫

1 - 17 of 17 Posts