Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Ronnie, I think you will find bronze wool a better option. Most ACE hardware and boating supplys like West Marine stick. It’s smaller size seems to work better in small bores.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Ronnie, I think you will find bronze wool a better option. Most ACE hardware and boating supplys like West Marine stick. It’s smaller size seems to work better in small bores.
Chore Boy Copper Wool works too. Unfortunately, many stores stopped carrying it because it is frequently used in meth and crack pipes....

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I got the chore boy and ran it through and did not see anything fall out on a white paper at all. I took the gun to the Gun Smith and both looked down the barrel and said that there was hardly any rifling showing at all. and not at all in some areas that they could see.
I called Ruger again and they sent me a call label so it is going onto the FED EX express today.
Ronnie

Reactions: racer88

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
I can see maybe a loose screw or a flaw in the finish getting through Ruger's QC. But, a BARREL with grossly defective rifling?? That's a major issue.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
New guy, that barrel didn't make it on the heat treatment rack.
Also new guy, let me slip this on the rack after so my count is not short.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ruger has always been pretty good standing behind their products.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I can see maybe a loose screw or a flaw in the finish getting through Ruger's QC. But, a BARREL with grossly defective rifling?? That's a major issue.
Well, there's "major", and then there's complete clusterf**k. :)

Earlier in my career, I worked for a tower company.
We once shipped a 1,049 foot TV tower to the transmitter site without any hardware whatsoever.
Said bolts, washers, pins, etc.. being large diameter ASTM A325 high-strength, low-carbon alloy steel -- not exactly available at the local Home Depot. :)
...or anywhere else for that matter.

Our guy forgot to put it on the Bill of Materials.
(We're talking several crates of bolts weighing upwards of a few tons.)

So yeah.... it happens.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts