Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The marking on this say Springfield arms , made by J.Stevens & co Chicopee Mass . I'll guess at the age , maybe the 40's . Later living near salt water , it eventually had some rust , and the original walnut faded and needed some T. L. C.

It's a breach with single lever , bore is excellent . Both sides of the breech the metal has a case hardening look with the original colors .

It is in full working condition & it took me about 15 days to complete . The barrel has been cold blued as you see it . This family gun will go to our daughter in the future , Enjoy !

·
Super Moderator
29,712 Posts
Looks very nice, Gunner! (y)(y)

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Nice work!

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The marking on this say Springfield arms , made by J.Stevens & co Chicopee Mass . I'll guess at the age , maybe the 40's . Later living near salt water , it eventually had some rust , and the original walnut faded and needed some T. L. C.

It's a breach with single lever , bore is excellent . Both sides of the breech the metal has a case hardening look with the original colors .

It is in full working condition & it took me about 15 days to complete . The barrel has been cold blued as you see it . This family gun will go to our daughter in the future , Enjoy ! View attachment 71146
Thanks all , you should see my Spanish Destroyer , that was a real project ! Someday when i dig it out from my large locker , i'll load her up and let you see this rare piece . The range is between 100 / 200 yds .

If memory serves , it shoots 9mm largo rounds . These are 9x23 as opposed to luger 9x19 . I was fortunate enough to find non corrosive cartridges for it . It came with [ 4 ] shorty mag's . It's shorter & lightweight (y)

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
Nice long gun Gunner! Glad it will serve the family for generations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice long gun Gunner! Glad it will serve the family for generations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Caleb .. Much appreciated , as above . At present due to my bit older bro' passing , i have more 'family guns' to add to that one . A mint condition *Rem' BDL in 30.06 and a mint Rem' high end camo shotgun 12 ga 3 1/2" . *The rifle , was his deer gun , the shotgun was mainly for migratory birds .

My cousin also sent me a Fine condition 32.20 wheelie in 4" . Another gal friend sent me an original Beretta in .25 s/a with the shoe type mag' release . That one is also in Fine condition i'd say ..Typical of my odd ball pieces [ lol ] (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts