Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished the above with my Final Touches for a much better fit and purchase . It was more work than i thought , but got her done !

I cut in / Inletted the walnut diamond cut grips for a Thumb Rest & then added on a Wilson Combat lower frame front metal checkered grip , as mine was smooth there .. ;) (y)馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Wood stain

Registered
Just finished the above with my Final Touches for a much better fit and purchase . It was more work than i thought , but got her done !

I cut in / Inletted the walnut diamond cut grips for a Thumb Rest & then added on a Wilson Combat lower frame front metal checkered grip , as mine was smooth there .. ;) (y)馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚫 View attachment 74248
Did you do the checkering on the front strap Gunner?

Super Moderator
I believe that's the Wilson Combat part he mentioned. Your 1911 looks great, Gunner! 馃憤馃憤

Registered
I believe that's the Wilson Combat part he mentioned. Your 1911 looks great, Gunner! 馃憤馃憤
I've used those front straps, they hold well enough under the grip panels.

Thanks BH

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No Sir , I had heard of this add on metal checkered piece from W/C ..From other reviewers this particular piece could've been at least 1/8 " larger in the width on both sides , as it fits under the grips , it is a fairly close fit with just compression . thanks !

Reactions: brownie

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, that is the Wilson 'cheese grater'; I have one on my Springfield Armory 1911 as well.
I'll ditto the Cheese grater . Still better than it being smooth IMO (y) (y)

Registered
Good job on the facelift Gunner, you will really be happy after you shoot it, it runs like a gun that cost's much more than you have in it. Use it in good health my friend..

Registered
Charlie

Great job on a pistol with a great history. Who would think a typewriter company could make such an excellent sidearm? That came from the time when a large portion of our industrial complex mobilized to make 1911鈥檚. Everybody from railroad signal equipment companies to sewing machine companies jumped in to help.

That鈥檚 a great job on a sweet pistol with a fascinating history.

Super Moderator
^^^^
Hear, hear! 馃憤馃憤

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good job on the facelift Gunner, you will really be happy after you shoot it, it runs like a gun that cost's much more than you have in it. Use it in good health my friend..
Thank You Mr. Earl 007 ! I haven doubt about it running well , as you have attested to from it's prior use . If it wasn't for you It would not be sitting here in my house ..

All I did was tweak it a bit more is all . Mr. Rick checked everything out , after replacing the hammer main spring I cooked [ My Bad ] !! I Love It (y)(y)(y)

Reactions: BeerHunter

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Charlie

Great job on a pistol with a great history. Who would think a typewriter company could make such an excellent sidearm? That came from the time when a large portion of our industrial complex mobilized to make 1911鈥檚. Everybody from railroad signal equipment companies to sewing machine companies jumped in to help.

That鈥檚 a great job on a sweet pistol with a fascinating history.
Thank You Roger very much . Yes I was quite surprised to find out all the different manufacturers that accomplished what they did with these 1911's(y)(y)

Reactions: BeerHunter
1 - 15 of 15 Posts