Florida Concealed Carry banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Never....Happily married to same woman for going on 40 years now.....never looked at anything remotely related nor anything about an Arctic cat either.......
Overachievers!! :laughing

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
I was researching lamb chops recipes and got the same dating site? Strange!

Joke implied here.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Aw, don't let them get YOUR goat, Spartan. :grin
Would that be a Curried goat? Great with Rottie?

A Young Muslim couple came into my Pancake house on Monday morning, he was in a short sleeved shirt, she Burkered up!

All you could see, her eyes! The whole place was staring! Me too, just a couple of glances, to see how she managed her large Belgian waffle. She just shoveled the food under her mask/veil?

First of this kind of dress I have seen in the USA, plenty in London/Bradford UK.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
As I understand it, the banner cycles adds based on what YOU have been perusing on the web. You looking for a mail order bride from the Middle East? :rofl
This might explain why I get all the ads with "Women over 50 in Fernandina Beach are looking for a fun time". :dancingbanana

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I don't actually see any ads on this site or very few, if any, on other sites. I use a free browser add-on for Chrome called "Adblock Plus" and it must really be doing its job. I think it works with other most other browsers as well.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
^^^This. The banner is based, in part, on your viewing habits and the sites that you've visited that use the same banner ad system. If you've visited a Muslim site that uses the same banner system, anyone can buy a placement that will follow you around because they think you might be interested in the related materials. This doesn't mean that you have to have visited a Muslim dating site, just that you visited a few sites that are Muslim in nature and the Muslim dating site thought you would be a good audience.
To expand upon this, the advertizing algorithm also does keyword searches for content on the webpage to tailor advertizing based upon the discussions on the page.

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
What are these things you call adds? :grin

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
To expand upon this, the advertizing algorithm also does keyword searches for content on the webpage to tailor advertizing based upon the discussions on the page.
True, and advertisers can buy specifically onto a site.
Why do people choose to see ads in the first place? :popcorn Especially when you can turn them off for free with "Adblock Plus" as a browser extension.
Or use Tapatalk. No ads there.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Why do people choose to see ads in the first place? :popcorn Especially when you can turn them off for free with "Adblock Plus" as a browser extension.
No need to use 'adblock' or any other third party software, one just has to know how these new-fangled computer thingy's work. :grin

41 - 53 of 53 Posts