Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw a banner ad on the FCC site for a muslim dating service (Muslima.com) or something similar to that.... Has anyone else here seen this???? The previous banner ad that cycled through was for Arctic cat......

Interesting??????

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
As I understand it, the banner cycles adds based on what YOU have been perusing on the web. You looking for a mail order bride from the Middle East? :rofl

·
Banned
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never....Happily married to same woman for going on 40 years now.....never looked at anything remotely related nor anything about an Arctic cat either.......

·
Registered
54,302 Posts
As I understand it, the banner cycles adds based on what YOU have been perusing on the web. You looking for a mail order bride from the Middle East? :rofl
That might be interesting :grin

·
Banned
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would I need a snowmobile in Florida???

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
^^^This. The banner is based, in part, on your viewing habits and the sites that you've visited that use the same banner ad system. If you've visited a Muslim site that uses the same banner system, anyone can buy a placement that will follow you around because they think you might be interested in the related materials. This doesn't mean that you have to have visited a Muslim dating site, just that you visited a few sites that are Muslim in nature and the Muslim dating site thought you would be a good audience.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Never....Happily married to same woman for going on 40 years now.....never looked at anything remotely related nor anything about an Arctic cat either.......
Congrats! Nearing 30 myself. :thumsup

·
Banned
3,030 Posts
Sounds like your about ready for a trade-in. Or if you become a Muslim or Mormon you can just get a second wife. :rofl

Ads occur based on your searches. So even when you're looking up Islam related topics you'll start seeing these banners.

·
Banned
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like your about ready for a trade-in. Or if you become a Muslim or Mormon you can just get a second wife. :rofl

Ads occur based on your searches. So even when you're looking up Islam related topics you'll start seeing these banners.
In my world the commitment to my wife was til death us due part.... I will never becoming a muslim!!!

·
Banned
3,030 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
In my world the commitment to my wife was til death us due part.... I will never becoming a muslim!!!
As my wife and I say, "Until one of us is dead." :thumsup Trust me, the banner ads are not selected by staff. It's a subscription service.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts

·
Banned
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Must be the links you provide in the Oklahoma beheading thread.......Thanks?:grin

·
Banned
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Banned
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
15,026 Posts

·
Banned
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Aw, don't let them get YOUR goat, Spartan. :grin
Wow, must be coincidental ???? there was a one eyed milk goat with a blue bow in the ad banner, I was wondering what that had to due with the phone number. I thought it was a site mascot or something like that ////:grin

1 - 20 of 53 Posts