Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Am moving from Missouri to Florida next year so I am here to get up to speed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Welcome from Tampa Bay! Tell us a little bit more about yourself. What brings you to FL? :drinks

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Greetings from Cape Coral. BeerHunter will be greeting yoiu with some very good suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
26,609 Posts
Hey,

Thanks!
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Dustoff71! :wave

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Finally, I would like to recommend you consider joining Florida Carry and join the effort to protect the rights of Floridians to keep and bear arms!

Again, welcome to FCC! :grin

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Welcome from St. Augustine. We (family Son,son;s wife and grandchrildren, myself and wife) over 7 years ago from Maryland and all of us are very happy we did.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Welcome from lakeland, you might think about getting a nonresident FCWL that way you could trade it in for a regular one without the wait. Good luck

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Welcome from lakeland, you might think about getting a nonresident FCWL that way you could trade it in for a regular one without the wait. Good luck
Actually, you shouldn't have to trade it in at all.... You just change the address on their website. It's the same card..... It doesn't have the address on it, so....

·
Super Moderator
26,609 Posts
Actually, you shouldn't have to trade it in at all.... You just change the address on their website. It's the same card..... It doesn't have the address on it, so....
This! There is no such thing as a non-resident FCWFL. The reciprocity and/or privileges honored by other states (SC for example) change if you're not a Florida resident.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Hey,

Thanks!
Welcome from South Florida!!

Let me start with the basics....
We have two seasons in Florida: "Winter", which lasts two weeks in January, and Summer, which lasts for the rest of the year. :grin

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Moving to Florida from Missouri

I am a native of the beaches of CA. No CCW allowed in Southern CA so I am digging on CCW here in MO but I hate the weather so next year, when I am ready to make my next move, I need my next residence to match at least some of what I had in CA- a beach (I am a certified scuba diver), weather in which I can ride my Kawasaki 1000 and the continued ability to carry concealed. I see you have no 'open carry' but since I prefer to keep my firearm 'under wraps' I can live with this. Of all the other states, only Texas seems like a possibility but I would prefer not to live in TX. So FL seems like the only option. The other coastal states in the Gulf are not where I want to live and although WA or OR could be a solution, I have come to understand they have politics that don't line up with CCW and it rains too much as I found out when I did a stint at Fort Lewis where I spent eight months prior to going over to 'the 'Nam'. I am sixty-nine and am active but I need a last stop and although I would really prefer to simply go back home to 'Sew Cal', (the best beaches, beach girls, fast freeways and smog -I don't trust air I can't see as GH said- I have been waiting a long time to be able to carry and am not in a hurry to give that up. Any of you who are former military know how I feel about being able to go back to carrying a personal firearm.

My only concern is that I don't leave my shirt untucked and although that might change on rare occasion, I am thinking the only choice I have is to continue to use a tuck holster....which I hate.

It seems most of the people here don't tuck in their shirts so I have not yet seen from the posts here an alternative; maybe one or more of you have a suggestion. Since I am still in business and visit clients, a Sneaky Pete and its counterparts just won't work for me since it will be looked at and those in the know will know it for what it is and I don't want to be asked to go back out to the parking lot and 'park' my firearm.

Thanks.............

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Moving to Florida from Missouri

Can't see where/how to delete this repeat.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Greetings from Cape Coral. BeerHunter will be greeting yoiu with some very good suggestions.
Sounds good. I am not unfamiliar with firearms and have spent time reloading .45/.357/.44 spl/.44 magnum and in anticipation of hunting N CA boar spent several months practicing with an 8 3/8 Model 29 (got to where I could hit running rabbits at 80 meters) but am relatively new at concealed carry.

So I am open to suggestions..........

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Dustoff71! :wave

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Finally, I would like to recommend you consider joining Florida Carry and join the effort to protect the rights of Floridians to keep and bear arms!

Again, welcome to FCC! :grin

Thanks for the reference material; I'll make copies and look it all over. I am 'joined' here at FCC, I thought unless you are saying there are graduated memberships of which I did not know.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome from Jacksonville.

Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome from St. Augustine. We (family Son,son;s wife and grandchrildren, myself and wife) over 7 years ago from Maryland and all of us are very happy we did.
Sounds great. I do need to find some part of FL that is not so humid. I hope that exists. I spent a few weeks in Tarpon Springs and it seemed pleasant enough but then, I was only there a few weeks.

Thanks again for the welcome.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I see. Something I did not know. FWIW, here in MO, I took the carry course on a Saturday, applied at the county Sheriff's on Tuesday and was able to pick up my carry card on Wednesday. Sounds like there is a wait there in FL.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts