Florida Concealed Carry banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

Registered
I took that same shotgun class with Bob and realized I really wanted a new 12ga after using my 30+ yr old Mossberg 500 Persuader. She's a beauty with her real wood and clean looks but DAMN, it's heavy compared to many of the shotties these days. Now I'm wanting to get a new, lighter one for HD and just preserve the old gal.
Can't handle her anymore huh? 馃榿

Registered
Nah. Just old and annoying, like you. :p ;)
She ain鈥檛 that old! 馃槈

As far as annoying; I wouldn鈥檛 know, as I only see her on her best days (when she鈥檚 training/shooting). She鈥檚 pretty dang nice then! 馃憤

Registered
Model 12, I believe. I had one..smooth as silk
If memory serves, that was discussed on here a while back as Winchester 1897 (M97) and Model 12 shotguns were slam-fire capable, but perhaps there were others. :unsure:
Winchester 1897
Winchester 12
Remington Model 10
Ithaca Model 37
Stevens Model 520/530

All used as trench guns and could be slam fired..

Registered
I took that same shotgun class with Bob and realized I really wanted a new 12ga after using my 30+ yr old Mossberg 500 Persuader. She's a beauty with her real wood and clean looks but DAMN, it's heavy compared to many of the shotties these days. Now I'm wanting to get a new, lighter one for HD and just preserve the old gal.
I鈥檓 with ya man! I have 3 870鈥檚 & 2 500鈥檚 鈥.. then I shot a Benelli semi auto my buddy has 鈥︹ my god man!!! This SOB has the knock off system, speed load lips, variport gas crap, unreal, is all I gotta say. I did have a nice 1100 ( I should have NEVER got rid of ) & I鈥檝e shot a few other sweet semis, but nothin set up like a 3 gun deal like this one. I used to dream of jumpin up from behind a palmetto bush, into the middle of a herd of pigs, & screaming 鈥 whaaaaatttsssssuup piggy鈥檚!!!! 鈥 & lettin the piggy鈥檚 hit the floor! 馃槀 given there are no magazine limits, shot types, season, size limit, etc. , etc. , this thing was made for pig hunting. The technology in these things now is unbelievable. Another buddy has a couple that can shoot 2鈥 to 3鈥 groups all day long at 100 yds. With .45 cal slugs. A shottie is a shottie, no more & I like it. 馃憤

Registered
I鈥檓 with ya man! I have 3 870鈥檚 & 2 500鈥檚 鈥.. then I shot a Benelli semi auto my buddy has 鈥︹ my god man!!! This SOB has the knock off system, speed load lips, variport gas crap, unreal, is all I gotta say. I did have a nice 1100 ( I should have NEVER got rid of ) & I鈥檝e shot a few other sweet semis, but nothin set up like a 3 gun deal like this one.
At least my Mossberg was no where near as heavy as the Spas 12 I had. I should have held on to that one. Fun but definitely not practical.

Gun accessory Gas Engineering Auto part Gun barrel

Registered
I have the mossberg marine for the florida weather鈥︹dded a surefire forend and a heat shield鈥︹
How do you like the surefire forend? Does it add bulk to the front end? How鈥檚 the grip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Not that I know much about shotguns but that is a nice score.

Registered
Bob I think you should take a class on this then. Some of us were lucky enough to take one last year from this guy that knew a thing or two about them鈥.馃槣

Registered
Bob I think you should take a class on this then. Some of us were lucky enough to take one last year from this guy that knew a thing or two about them鈥.馃槣
I might do that. I wonder where I would go to do that?

Registered
Beat me鈥鈥檓 still waiting for my certificate from that guy! 馃お

Of course I did have about 6 alias at that time so he probably didn鈥檛 know who to make it out to.

Registered
Beat me鈥鈥檓 still waiting for my certificate from that guy! 馃お

Of course I did have about 6 alias at that time so he probably didn鈥檛 know who to make it out to.
Send him a PM I am sure he will get you one

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Thanks. Now I need to pattern it and test the slugs I got for your class since I couldn鈥檛 shoot them in my shotgun because of the choke.

Registered
The fact you know to pattern a shottie tells me you learned something.

Registered
How do you like the surefire forend? Does it add bulk to the front end? How鈥檚 the grip?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought i answered this but i guess it didnt go through. Yes it adds weight, but its not like you are carrying it all day鈥..the grip is very good鈥.

Reactions: Rick McC.
41 - 60 of 61 Posts