Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
16,967 Posts
If you want to trick out your 590, check out Defender Tactical. It's where I got most of the goodies for my Shockwave, which is based on the 590. You can set it up to shoot "minishells." if you want. With their Universal Minishell Adaptor, you can even mix shell sizes in the magazine. It will feed all of them.

They also have all manner of other nifty accessories, all of which are very high quality and very reasonably priced. The Tri-Rail is nice. Also, the "Safety Sight" and "High Ball" front sight.

Sleeve Font Automotive tire Audio equipment Auto part
Photograph Camera Product Camera lens Camera accessory

· Registered
16,967 Posts
Nice score Andy! I prefer the Mossberg safety location over all the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And a cool mod is the Defender Tactical "Safety Sight." Turns the safety into a rear sight for those "precision" shotgun shots! :) Another plus for this safety is that it doesn't have the sharp serrated surface that the OEM safety has.
Gas Cylinder Ammunition Gun accessory Pipe

Reactions: Caleb

· Registered
16,967 Posts
Yeah, but Bob won't let you shoot that in class, though. :rolleyes:
(Ask me how I know..)
Why wouldn't he be able to shoot a Mossberg 590 in a shotgun class? (That's not a shockwave)

· Registered
16,967 Posts
I had a Shockwave, then my brother wanted it.
So I gave it to him and eventually bought another one for me. (Nice weapon; questionable use applications?)
Not to continue the thread drift... But "questionable use???" You cannot be serious.

Reactions: BeerHunter

· Registered
16,967 Posts
Andy, just to confirm, is that a "Shockwave" or just a vanilla 590? From your published pics, it looks like a shockwave.

I have two of them (I'm giving one to my nephew, though).
Haha... no. The barrel is MUCH longer and the grip is obviously (to me anyway) a standard shoulder stock. That's a standard 590.

· Registered
16,967 Posts
Yeah. Not a Shockwave. The picture cuts off the buttstock.
But you can still see that the buttstock continues beyond the grip.

In any case... enjoy in good health! From what I have seen / heard, you can't go wrong with a Mossberg.

· Registered
16,967 Posts
Looks like the 590 has a longer magazine, as well. What is the capacity?

· Registered
16,967 Posts
I’ll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me, too. Would be a nice matched set with my Shockwave. Dr. Evil and Mini-me!

· Registered
16,967 Posts
Reactions: brownie

· Registered
16,967 Posts
My Mossberg 590 A1 Persuader has a longer magazine tube giving it an 8+1 capacity with 2 3/4 shot shells. It also has a heat shield and a bayonet lug making it look sort of like a Winchester 1897 (M97) Trench Gun. Would be cool to get an M1917 bayonet for it but. . . 🤠
Photos! Photos!

· Registered
16,967 Posts
You must have missed this thread, where I posted a photo.
Well, since I commented on that thread, I didn't miss it. But I DID forget it! LOL!

I'm copy-pasting it here for reference! Nice looking shotgun.
Water Wood Event Font Auto part

· Registered
16,967 Posts
5+1... 8+1????

My Mossberg 940 JM Pro is 9+1(with std 2.75" shells).

:eek: :ROFLMAO:
That looks sweet! Just looked it up... a competition gun. 24-inch barrel - not really designed for defense, eh? But, I'm sure it could serve as such.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts