Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that the clueless reporting at Wesh 2 has endangered more lives out at OIA. Why don't they just advertise that guns aren't allowed at the airport as well so as to increase the crime stats while they're at it? What better place to rob and pillage than the OIA parking garage.

It was repeated over and over that not one camera was spotted anywhere in the garage. Stupid reporting like this would certainly generate more news for them to report. Is there not enough crime that they have to stir the pot for more?

Morons.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17818670/detail.html

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Perhaps this will get some people charged up enough to demand some immediate action. I still would not feel all that great about getting robbed at gunpoint even with cameras installed. I would prefer increased patrolling as well, which it appears they are addressing.

If you are about to travel, or just came off a flight, you obviously are not armed, so the predators can operate with that much more safety.

When I recently had to pick up a business associate at Miami Airport, I was faced with a lousy decision of leaving my weapon in a locked car in the airport parking lot, or violating a condition of our license.

I wish our license regulations did not force us to make that choice.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Cameras will help reduce the general level of crime in some areas. However, that will not prevent a crime and such areas should not be considered safe. For example, we often see videos of crimes as they are committed.

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
Not having any cameras in any parking structure is considered poor risk management planning, especially in a supposedly 'sensitive' facility like an airport. Their head of security is obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

My parents took a taxi home from MIA after returning from a trip...when they got out of the cab, they were mugged by two BG's who followed them from the airport and figured correctly that they wouldn't be armed. Not that my folks would have been armed anyway, but it shows that crooks will specifically target individuals that they can be reasonably certain are unarmed.

·
Super Moderator
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
deadeyedick,

You didn't say how your parents are doing after the mugging. There are so many emotions that the victims go through that have lasting effects. If you don't want to talk about it I understand. I guess it's the mommy in me to want to make sure they are ok.

MamaBear

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
deadeyedick,

You didn't say how your parents are doing after the mugging. There are so many emotions that the victims go through that have lasting effects. If you don't want to talk about it I understand. I guess it's the mommy in me to want to make sure they are ok.

MamaBear
Oh, not to worry...this happened a few years ago. They weren't seriously injured; unfortunately, this incident was still not enough to completely sway them to my side of the gun control argument. :rolleyes:

Although when I asked my mother who she'd rather have beside her in a time of peril, me or Sarah Brady, she laughingly admitted that it would indeed be me. :laughing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts