Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned these in another thread and I’m thinking they are not common knowledge.

·
Super Moderator
29,473 Posts
These 1911s are built of mostly unobtainium and thus not practical for anyone other than the uber wealthy. . . Pass! ;)

·
Registered
16,653 Posts
Can be yours for only $4.5 mil.

I remember when they made these several years ago.
Cabot guns are known for the tightest tolerances you can physically make. The slide to frame fit on all their guns is within .001 of an inch. Same for most all parts. No other maker comes close to them. There’s a small following of them on the 1911 forum.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
I mentioned these in another thread and I’m thinking they are not common knowledge.

HI Mr. Shark .. I just looked up the price & WOW !!!!!!!!!! . Mr. BH passed & I just nearly Passed Out ! [ lol ] o_O:eek:

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Shoot man, when I commercial fished, we had one just like that in the cabin!! Hell 1/2 the time, someone left it out on the deck😆 Never knew we were sittin on a gold mine !!

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shoot man, when I commercial fished, we had one just like that in the cabin!! Hell 1/2 the time, someone left it out on the deck😆 Never knew we were sittin on a gold mine !!
Interesting, I ran a charter boat for 12 years.

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
If it's any tighter than the Baer I just bought only the Hulk could rack the slide ,I'll pass.

·
Registered
16,653 Posts
If it's any tighter than the Baer I just bought only the Hulk could rack the slide ,I'll pass.
Baers still have hard fit barrels. That is why they feel hard to rack. The fit on a Cabot is light years better than a Baer but the parts movement feels like they are on bearings. Baers are also still mostly fit together by hand old school style while Cabots on the other hand are machined to ridiculous tolerances on multi million dollar machine. For the money it’s still hard to beat a Baer though. Just don’t tell Les you’re using mags other than the ones provided by him.

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
I never used those mags they looked like cheap POS, Wilson Combat ETM's seemed like a better fit. I not going to risk my life with a 5$ mag.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Pickup a P365 or P365XL Great EDC!
Plus you don't want to Carry Something that the Police could end up owning should you need to use it.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You raise a good point. Any carry weapon worth more than two or $3 million might be a little much.

·
Super Moderator
29,473 Posts
Pickup a P365 or P365XL Great EDC!
Plus you don't want to Carry Something that the Police could end up owning should you need to use it.
You mean "holding for evidence" vice "owning," right? If it was a legitimate SD use and you're either not charged or prevail in court, then your weapon should be returned to you. Regardless, that's the very reason most of my EDCs are $500-$600 handguns vice $1,500-$3,000 handguns! :unsure:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts