Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a knife by a WW2 army ranger along with a field jacket, Zucker was 104 at the time . I would like to know if it's a M3 or something else sadly like many WW2 vets he passed a year later. Thanks in advance
DSCN1139.JPG

·
Registered
54,493 Posts

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Afjuvat will know for sure but, I concur with the fellas above. Looks like an M3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Definitely a M3 fighting knife and a M8 scabbard.

There should be a makers mark on the blade guard, something like ONT or UFH.

Strongly recommend some Pecards Antique leather dressing to keep the leather handle hydrated. Do not use Neetsfoot oil or any leather product containing silicone on leather this old.
Once it starts cracking (dry rot), it is too late.

Link to the stuff I am talking about. I have used it to get 80+ year old rock hard leather slings supple again.

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank's for the advice, just ordered Pecard leather cream, it really holds a scary edge too bad newer knives don't have steel like that, I'm saving for a Benchmade with D2 steel.

·
Registered
54,493 Posts
Thank's for the advice, just ordered Pecard leather cream, it really holds a scary edge too bad newer knives don't have steel like that, I'm saving for a Benchmade with D2 steel.
Likely made of 1095, it's still available in many blades. The newer steels really don't have much over a well produced 1095 blade. Kbars are made of 1095 and they've got a reputation for being tough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts