Florida Concealed Carry banner

Middle name on application

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Marlinluvr 
#1 ·
Has anyone dealt with this or knows? The application says no middle initial on finger print card or application. I have a middle name but didn’t like it and now my drivers license and passport only have a middle initial, my social security card no middle initial or middle name if that matters at all. I’m thinking to just list the full middle name to be safe but worried it could cause confusion/problems/delays. Anyone know what the best course of action would be?

#2 ·
I am sure same as driver's license will be fine. I use just my middle initial all the time. Your name is legalized through use.
It matters more for your credit report. Using your name different ways creates "aliases" but if you are consistent, then there will be no problem.

But I am not a lawyer. If it says no initials, then use the full name.

#3 ·
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Al.B! :wave

I'm not certain if I understand your question completely but something to think about is will DOACS be able to establish your correct identity for the background check to vet your application? If you have a relatively common first and last name making it more difficult for them to establish who they are conducting the background check on, the might delay your application.

Since you've now made you first post to FCC, without an introduction, please take the time to post you're own Introduction to FCC so the members will get to know you. You can do that by going to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. Then you'll find that lots of other FCC members will know to chime in to properly welcome you to the forum, and will be more responsive in answering questions! Also, if you're a veteran, take a look at our Military Service Thread where you'll find many of us there, too!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Finally, I would like to recommend you consider joining Florida Carry and join the effort to protect the rights of Floridians to keep and bear arms!

Again, welcome to FCC! :grin

#5 ·
Welcome from Tampa Bay! Trust me, I am the poster child for this issue. I had historically used "First Initial" and "middle name" every since childhood. And, wouldn't ya know, my old my nemesis, the NJ Div. of Motor Vehicles was my fierce enemy (forcing me initially to use First initial and middle name). But fear not, here in Florida. FL Motor vehicles can handle it, as can the DOACS. Not a problem! :thumsup

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
Like G. Gordon Liddy not George G. Liddy
or T. Boone Pickens not Thomas B. Pickens

I see what you are saying Fish, he seemingly said the same thing twice. Like he historically used it one way but then the NJ DMV made him use it the same way. Probably just a bidenism.

#8 ·
BTW, sometimes, if there are only two fields, one for first name and one for last, I'll split it up like this (using the "T. Boone Pickens" analogy): Last name = "Pickens" First name = "T Boone". it seems to work...

That is when the Bureaucracy allows you to have spaces in the name field... : censored

#9 ·
Bought a gun from Bass Pro about 15 years ago and the counter guy told me I had to spell out my name EXXAACCTTLLYY like it was on my DL (this wasn't my first rodeo)! When I handed him back the form, he gave me crap because I had abbreviated part of my name JUST LIKE IT IS ON MY DL! Told me I HAD TO spell it out or it would get kicked back! Told him he was full of **** because I had done it before!! Told him to get me another guy! Ended up putting it through and ACCEPTED! Had to go find the guy and make sure he knew he was WRONG!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.