·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Please report back!

Curious as to...

1) How well attended
2) General assessment of which handguns are available / on display
3) # of MAGA hats or Trump shirts. :)
4) Whether or not you see a Mossberg Shockwave anywhere. (My brother wants one bad.)

About the only thing I would "need" would be more .338 ammo, but nobody's going to have that at these gun shows.
So that, and the fact I'm likely to be out of town anyway, and COVID, I'm going to sit this one out.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
I thought I saw some .338 ammo today at Academy. I’ll go by tomorrow and look. If it’s there I can grab some for you.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
I try to stay away from gun shows. The isles are always small and crowded and the sensation of large Gelatinous potbellied suspender wearing guys rubbing their guts against the small of my back doesn’t do it for me anymore.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
I used to work the gunshow in orlando , never had seen that problem when I was there. I used to think people walking around with signs of guns for sale were crazy, from behind tables full of guns.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I thought I saw some .338 ammo today at Academy. I’ll go by tomorrow and look. If it’s there I can grab some for you.
I appreciate the thought, but I'm "decently" stocked on .338 - could always use more though. :)

I'm visiting JAX this weekend and they do have an Academy up there (fairly well stocked last time I went, might have been around March?), but here in South Florida I don't recall ever seeing an Academy. Wish we had them here.

·
Super Moderator
27,762 Posts
I appreciate the thought, but I'm "decently" stocked on .338 - could always use more though. :)

I'm visiting JAX this weekend and they do have an Academy up there (fairly well stocked last time I went, might have been around March?), but here in South Florida I don't recall ever seeing an Academy. Wish we had them here.
There isn't one in SoFLA. The closest is in West Melbourne.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
I used to work the gunshow in orlando , never had seen that problem when I was there. I used to think people walking around with signs of guns for sale were crazy, from behind tables full of guns.
It was at the Orlando show I had the biggest issue. I told my friend “ if one more porker rubs his belly against me, I’m going to scream”

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
I was lucky to do my shopping before the public was allowed in, so I was kinda spoiled. The best deals were before and last day of in the form of trades and deals of the presenters. I got alot of off the book's deals in the 90's that way. I used to get a 1000 7.62X39 for 80 to 90$ back then.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went today.
It was pretty packed.
Observations:
1. Quite a diverse crowd and a lot of obvious first time buyers.
2. People were buying a lot of items. I saw a lot of purchased firearms being carried around.
3. 9mm was an average of 75 cents a round for decent quality brands and $1.25 a round for HST and Gold-Dot.
4. M&P Sport IIs were going for $1k and above.
5.New Ruger Mini-14s were $1K.
6. Decent hand guns were $800 and above.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts