Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day,

Today I carried in my messenger bag for the first time. I'm not sure how I feel about it, it's not as "ready" as normal. There is a comfort factor and its for sure conealed, it's in a zippered pocket inside the main section. If it turns out I like it I may attach something to slip the clip of the holster into. I would like to hear anyone's thoughts since I'm still in the air. FYI the holster is a DeSantis Pro Stealth.

Thanks

DC

·
Registered
11,048 Posts
What does a messager bag look like? Does it have pockets for extra batteries? :laughing

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn you autocorrect!!! Messenger bag, my iPhone doesn't seem to check spelling on this forum.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
That specific pocket of the messenger bag (UTG, Maxpedition? same deal...) has loop (velcro) sections designed to attach a specific nylon holster with velcro hooks.

Check this link

I carry like this when at the beach :)

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
I'm personally not a big fan of off-body carry, whether a messenger bag or Xpedition or brief case or day planner, or whatever. Just because I don't particularly care for being disconnected from my firearm. But that said, I can see where the benefits, such a pitor mentioned at the beach ^, could show some benefit for off body carry. I'm just to old and set in my ways to carry in that fashion. Show us some pix, DC, and maybe we can be of more help. And by the way, welcome to the Forum since I missed your intro thread.

Cheers y'all,
Ken

·
Banned
11,161 Posts
A bag that can become separated from you should not be used for EDC for your primary weapon. Should you become separated from the bag, you are also separated from your weapon. Messenger bags are usually carried loosely over one shoulder or across your chest. The bag is not secured in a single location and position, which can cause problems accessing your weapon, especially under stress. Bag carry is useful for those infrequent occasions where body carry is not possible, such as at the beach or for women when they are in tight formal clothing.

·
Registered
20,498 Posts
a simple nylon holster from walmart will attach to the velcro portion inside the gun pocket utilizing the holster velcro for the retetion strap....its a cheap fix...

but whatever you do, do not carry off body if youre serious about carry...good lord....:rofl

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello,

These pictures may help, as comfortable as this type of carry is I still prefer IWB. This wil not be for EDC, still interested in any and all views.

Thanks again,

DC

image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
20,498 Posts
not the type of messenger bag most of us are used to seeing...but an inexpensive holster might make things a bit easier for you...and prevent a problem with a gun rolling around loose in there....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello,

I do like things that are a little different, it's a Wilson Leather. I looked at a lot of bags of many types, this one caught my eye, I liked the zipper top not a flap with a weak snap of magnet. Also the second pocket inside. I like the holster I have for this bag but if anyone has a better one in mind please post. I think a Panther holster (IWB) is coming soon.

Thanks,

DC

·
Registered
20,498 Posts
Did European Man Purse come to your mind also?

Sent from my iPhone
i was actually thinking it was going to be a utg or maxpedition...:dunno

·
Registered
20,498 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good day,

I was going for a vintage look and something that DID NOT look like it would ever have a pistol in it. I have found that it works well for in the car: I stopped to get gas this afternoon, it was easy to grab the bag and pump gas. It seems better then trying to remove my pistol from the carrying case I normal use in my car and discreetly slipping in my waist. This is not an every day carry solution but I see its uses. Thank you for all of your input, any thoughts on a good holster for inside the bag? FYI the bag is from Groupon.

Thanks,

DC

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Nice purse. Does it come with matching shoes? LOL I'm just messing with ya. I can see where that could be useful. I also have to agree on looking normal vs the tacticool stuff most would use. I have no useful information on the use of a bag like such, but a Panther IWB would likely clip onto something like Pitor posted pretty well, and would also slip into your belt line pretty quick and discreetly.

·
Registered
20,498 Posts
i would go with an inexpensive nylon holster with a retention strap...i'm talking $6 walmart airsoft job...all you need in there is a place to keep the gun in one position...comfort is not a problem and quality isnt going to be an issue...you dont want anything the gun fits tightly in because you want it to come out of the bag unencumbered and smooth...having to snap a gun out of a formed holster would be a b!tch coming out of a bag like that...

reach in...unsnap with thumb and yank it out...youre not looking for sub-second draws from a shirted cover as you can have your hand on the gun ready to deploy if you feel a need or are in an area where you feel uncomfortable...let em take the bag...youll have a grip on the gun...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice purse. Does it come with matching shoes? LOL I'm just messing with ya. I can see where that could be useful. I also have to agree on looking normal vs the tacticool stuff most would use. I have no useful information on the use of a bag like such, but a Panther IWB would likely clip onto something like Pitor posted pretty well, and would also slip into your belt line pretty quick and discreetly.
No shoes but the belt is amazing!

I think a Panther is my next holster, you feel it will clip on to a belt pretty easily? The DeSantis Pro stealth is difficult to clip on and off.

Thanks,

DC

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
No shoes but the belt is amazing!

I think a Panther is my next holster, you feel it will clip on to a belt pretty easily? The DeSantis Pro stealth is difficult to clip on and off.

Thanks,

DC

Nicely played sir :thumsup

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Nicely played sir :thumsup
Hey! Who are you and why are you posting under Sully's name? Someone asked a question about a Panther and above is the only response? I smell something fishy. :grin

-on Tapatalk, please excuse any autocorrected grammatical errors

1 - 20 of 29 Posts