Florida Concealed Carry banner

Vote your choice for ExBlueLight's next course:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about a class in Okeechobee in March. After our last class, I got two choices from the members of the class. First is 2nd day of Threat Focus that includes Quick Kill and other skills not covered in the first day class. The second was, believe it or not, a force on force class. Give your opinion, I can do either one, just let me know. It will make a difference in range choices.

· Registered
58,170 Posts
I suggest they take a threat focused [ 2 days worth ] course first, then have them get into a FoF COF. If they haven't received the full spectrum of threat focused skills, they won't be as prepared to practice what they've gained in knowledge during the scenarios Rick

· Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great suggestion... However, most that were there have been thru the full 2 day course. It is a question of refreshing that class, or doing a FOF class. doesn't matter to me. Just what they want for training. Like you, I am not doing a lot of training anymore. I just want to pass on the little knowledge that I have before I head to the wheelchair.

· Registered
438 Posts
Just my opinion. If I was going to take a FOF course, I would want to do 2 full days of FOF. Getting hit once or many times with plastic bb's is much better than the real thing. Yes, it will hurt but might make a person want to learn from mistakes made and do better. Getting hurt does not scare me. Getting dead in a real situation is bothersome to think about. Don't know if I can or will be able to take a class, but I think it would be a learning experience as well as being fun. Especially if it were me making most of the good hits and not the other way around.

· Registered
58,170 Posts
Just my opinion. If I was going to take a FOF course, I would want to do 2 full days of FOF. Getting hit once or many times with plastic bb's is much better than the real thing. Yes, it will hurt but might make a person want to learn from mistakes made and do better. Getting hurt does not scare me. Getting dead in a real situation is bothersome to think about. Don't know if I can or will be able to take a class, but I think it would be a learning experience as well as being fun. Especially if it were me making most of the good hits and not the other way around.
I've bled in Fof plenty enough, but I refuse to wear protective gear other than muffs and eye protection. Usually in a short or long sleeve shirt, carhartts and boots.

I want the hurt, it's a reminder I died in that battle and acts as incentive to move a little faster, shoot a little more accurately, use better tactics etc. The injuries heal, the lifes lessons live forever

· Registered
438 Posts
I've bled in Fof plenty enough, but I refuse to wear protective gear other than muffs and eye protection. Usually in a short or long sleeve shirt, carhartts and boots.

I want the hurt, it's a reminder I died in that battle and acts as incentive to move a little faster, shoot a little more accurately, use better tactics etc. The injuries heal, the lifes lessons live forever
This is what I was trying to say. You said it better. Kudos.

· Registered
1,462 Posts
I cannot travel to a over night class. If day 1 ends early enough or if I leave early I might be able to do a 2 day class
2 weekend of a 1 day class would work better for me but probably not for too many people???

· Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cannot travel to a over night class. If day 1 ends early enough or if I leave early I might be able to do a 2 day class
2 weekend of a 1 day class would work better for me but probably not for too many people???
Threat Focus 2nd day would be 1 day class.... FOF could be 1 day or 2 day...depending on class members...1 day would be not live ammo....airsofts only... vote for your choice ......

Reactions: BeerHunter

· Administrator
32,986 Posts
FoF requires a lot of preparatory work for you, Rick and of course, I volunteer to help, as well as take the FoF course, to make sure there are enough participants in either course. 🤠

ETA: Poll created for this thread.

· Registered
8,566 Posts
Threat Focus 2nd day would be 1 day class.... FOF could be 1 day or 2 day...depending on class members...1 day would be not live ammo....airsofts only... vote for your choice ......
Any chance you might consider offering one of both of those in the Tampa Bay area, as opposed to Ockechobee? It's hard for me to get down there. I'd take it all Threat focus and FOF.

· Registered
16,967 Posts
I've got three days of TFP under my belt. I've never done FoF. So, that would be very interesting to me. But, I don't get tired of TFP, either! :)

· Registered
10,699 Posts
Second day of Threat Focused for Paula.
Of course I’ll do RSO work, or be a student, if needed.

I’ll be shooting at IDPA practice tomorrow.
I was going to shoot an IDPA match this Saturday; but I’ll be helping #2 son do an engine change in his car this weekend.

· Registered
19,521 Posts
Done several TF classes and would prefer FoF. But the World Cup Baseball championship is coming up late February thru March and I’m getting tix to some of the Miami games for my son and I. So I’m not sure either way if I’ll be able to attend.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts