Florida Concealed Carry banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
I went ahead and called the sheriff's department to speak with someone. They asked whether I wanted to see someone or speak over the phone. I said I preferred to speak to someone in person. So hours later a deputy calls and says he is pretty sure he can help me over the phone instead. At this point I already knew what was coming. I realize there is nothing law enforcement can do since there wasn't an actual crime committed. I wanted this incident to be on their radar in case he comes after me again. He told me that at this point it is just two adults arguing. I let him know immediately that it was one adult arguing and one adult being verbally assaulted, there is a difference. He seemed bored with the entire conversation. When I called initially I was asked if there were weapons in the house because they needed to know for the officer's protection. I figured this guy had that information so I told him that because I carried I didn't want to go back to the pool in case this guy showed back up and I was put in a position to have to defend myself if he decided to escalate the situation. I told him this man knows my identity and after the brazen way he tracked me down and ambushed me on the pool deck, was I supposed to just go back up there knowing he is a powder keg and be put in a position to defend myself if he came to finish what he started? His advice to me was to dial 911 if I needed help.

And that, my friends, is why I carry.

As of yet the president of the association has not bothered to reply in any way to my email on Friday.
When seconds count...

Did you get your knife today?

·
Super Moderator
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yes, my knife arrived today. I like it very much.

I will wait awhile longer before I go back to the pool. When I return my husband will alter his work schedule in order to be there with me. I will also hitch on my hot pink knife.

Yes, when seconds count . . .

·
Registered
13,207 Posts
I do not have his name. They have protected his identity but not mine. I will hear back from the president of hoa on Tuesday and will decide then what my next move will be. I will not be going up to the pool until after I meet with the board. Although I have a right to go up to the pool I don't believe it would be wise to do so now. The last thing I want is to give this guy another chance to finish what he started. I don't want to invite confrontation knowing he is a hothead and knowing I carry. It's better I stay away for now.
By having LEO involved two things. 1- they have it on record. 2-They will get the guys name. 3- They will be aware you were in fear presviously. Both the first two will be needed to help justify use of force.

·
Super Moderator
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The officer did not care. As far as he was concerned it was two adults fighting about a lock. He does not know his name. I believe at this point only two of the women on the emails know his name. As long as he lies low that is the way it will continue and they can all slink back under the rock where they came from.

But in the meantime, I have tweaked my personal safety measures thanks to my friends here.

·
Super Moderator
26,372 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Pretty sure I know a guy.... :grin
But what will this letter say?

And is the letter to be sent to the very property manager who unleashed this holy hades on me in the first place? If she has shown this kind of careless disregard for my privacy and safety what makes you think she will do anything different?

·
Super Moderator
26,372 Posts

And is the letter to be sent to the very property manager who unleashed this holy hades on me in the first place?
Like I wrote earlier, know their bylaws and CCRs better than they do and for starters, the letter should point out chapter and verse all of their violations of their own governing documents as well as their liability for violating your privacy by passing on your personal information and details of your complaint to a third party outside HOA/Property Mgt. An attorney can really help write it in the real stink-eye language that should get their attention PDQ.

·
Registered
6,265 Posts

And is the letter to be sent to the very property manager who unleashed this holy hades on me in the first place? If she has shown this kind of careless disregard for my privacy and safety what makes you think she will do anything different?
Letters from Lawyers do tend to carry a bit more weight than from a "civilian." People, LEOs, business entities respect a communication from (and give credence to) a lawyer more so than others. Because a lawyer *can* create more trouble for them and know how to use the system to do it.

If you feel it's worth it, I'd say give it a shot.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I just discovered this thread.

So...what's going on at this point?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I lived with an HOA about 12 years and admittedly it had a couple benefits such as generally keeping you place nice, not too much noise and such but if the gestapo got on you, you might as well just move. I have been 7 years gone from the HOA and don't miss it at all. Good luck MaMa Bear, no suggestion other than if you got that certain feeling, involve the police by all means.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts